Ukulele music in TV commercials....

mailman

Knit-wit
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anyone else noticing more and more ukulele music being used in TV commercials? Maybe it's because I'm a new player and all excited about all things ukulele, but I'm hearing more ukes in TV ads than ever before.

The two that come immediately to mind are an Iams dog food commercial and a Sprint phone commercial. I know I heard at least one more recently, but I can't remember who it was for....an airline, I think.

Both have very catchy, infectious uke music in the background. Is it just me, or are you folks hearing the same thing I am?

Same here in Belgium,
People around me are getting annoyed, because every time one of those commercials is on, I will tell them that the background music is an ukulele.
Always the same clips, always the same people...
Still every time I get very excited and shout
"shhhhhhhh, listen, listen, do you hear that?" and they say
"dude, not again, we know its that mini guitar thing again..."

But yes a lot more uke music in commercials, good thing though.
Normally I change channels during breaks, now the batteries of my remote controll live longer.

My wife says I have her trained now - when she hears commercials with uke music in them she saves the commercial so I can hear it!

In a car commercial they have 5 years time playing
that song has uke in it and the part the car commercial plays is the uke part
also verizon has the im yours medley playing in da background

:D
Funny you mention that, because just last week, I heard some ukulele music on a commercial and was all excited about it. I asked my mom if she could hear it :)

I think it's me just noticing the music a lot more since I'm into ukulele right now.

There's a I think Kellogg's cereal commercial with uke music too.

What about the rice krispies commercials w/ somewhere over the rainbow

In a car commercial they have 5 years time playing
that song has uke in it and the part the car commercial plays is the uke part

That was in a commercial for Sunchips. It's in a car commercial as well?

What about the rice krispies commercials w/ somewhere over the rainbow

I believe that's the one Ahnko Honu was talking about.

The background music in the Iam's dog food commercial is making me nuts. It seems to be really, really simple....and yet I can't seem to figure out how to play it. It's probably just because I'm a beginner.

Any of you guys with some experience want to help me figure it out? I know that the first part sounds to me like a C chord, then slide up two frets, then repeat. But next comes a chord change, and I can't figure out what that one is.

Boy, would my wife be impressed if I could pick up my uke and play along with a commercial on TV!

BTW....I see this commercial regularly on the National Geographic Channel while watching The Dog Whisperer (is Cesar Millan amazing, or what?)

That's it! That's the one that's making me crazy! I had no idea that it was from an actual music video....I thought it was just a simple little background ditty for the commercial. The music in the dog food commercial never gets as far as the vocals.

Any ideas on how to play the beginnings of this song? Up to the vocal part?

That's it! That's the one that's making me crazy! I had no idea that it was from an actual music video....I thought it was just a simple little background ditty for the commercial. The music in the dog food commercial never gets as far as the vocals.

Any ideas on how to play the beginnings of this song? Up to the vocal part?

That sounds like a mandolin or mandola in the video. Should sound great on the uke tho.

That sounds like a mandolin or mandola in the video. Should sound great on the uke tho.

See? I told you I was a beginner! Here I'm all psyched about some "uke music" that isn't even a ukulele.... :confused: :eek:

Oh, well. I like it, anyway. ;) And I agree....it probably would sound great on the uke. I'd still love to know how to strum along....that way the family CFO might be more understanding should I catch a sudden case of UAS.

George Strait has a uke song on the country charts...He even sings "I've got a little ukulele..." Rollin on the River of Love...

I'm tellin' you. These ukes gonna be big!

Top Bottom