A Plethora of Mya Moe for sale on FMM

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
There seems to be a large amount of Mya Moe tenors for sale right now on Flea Market Music from the same seller. The asking prices are above current build prices.
I wish the seller well but I'm sure reality will bite sooner rather than later.

There seems to be a large amount of Mya Moe tenors for sale right now on Flea Market Music from the same seller. The asking prices are above current build prices.
I wish the seller well but I'm sure reality will bite sooner rather than later.
Is it the same guy who listed a Moore Bettah for $50,000?

There's a person locally trying to sell a "semi-custom" Kanile'a for $2500. I saw the same model offered at HMS for $1740—I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same instrument. I didn't see any "customization", certainly no extra features that would justify a $750 boost—was the gloss finish made from leprechaun tears and powdered unobtainium?
You know, it just takes one person. I just sold my 1975 Jeep. I had a for sale sign in the window for two years, and I probably wanted more than it was worth, but a few weeks ago some guy followed me all the way home from the farmer's market to buy it. It just depends I guess how bad the seller wants to sell, and how bad the buyer wants to buy. But UAS is a powerful thing, someone just might see it and think that they can't live without it.

You know, it just takes one person. I just sold my 1975 Jeep. I had a for sale sign in the window for two years, and I probably wanted more than it was worth, but a few weeks ago some guy followed me all the way home from the farmer's market to buy it. It just depends I guess how bad the seller wants to sell, and how bad the buyer wants to buy. But UAS is a powerful thing, someone just might see it and think that they can't live without it.

My father sculpted in clay as a hobby. He actually got really good, but just did it for fun. Later in life, he decided to exhibit at art shows and won a lot of ribbons. At one show, someone came up and asked my father what he would take for a piece my father loved, and had no intention of selling. My father quoted the man what he thought was an obscene amount of money, assuming the customer would refuse and walk away. Much to Dad's surprise, the fellow took out his checkbook and proceeded to pay the requested place. My father was left with a huge pile of money, but somewhat crestfallen that he no longer had the sculpture he loved so much.

Is there a possibility this could be a scam? Seems weird, no?

Is there a possibility this could be a scam? Seems weird, no?

I have a very uneasy feeling about this. He had posted an ad on FMM for four of those ukes together, asking $6K. After I placed my ad for my MM 6 string for $1.4K, he said they were sold(not available) and a few days later posted the master grade mango tenor separately for 2.5K. It all seemed very odd to me.

As in my favourate line from the Three Amigos: "We seem to have a plethora of Piñatas"

For years I would quote that any time I heard someone say pinata. ;)

Top Bottom