I'm Cured!

Cassie

Reaction score
Hi guys, Thanks to Nickie, I'm officially cured of UAS! It's no longer bugging me. I'll still have to wait until Christmas but That's fine. She gave me a link to a site that sells ukes. I can show it to mom. Thank you all for trying to help. Especially to you, Nickie. Now I can sit back, relax and enjoy getting my uke. You all have tried so hard and I greatly appreciate it. I apologize once again for bugging you so much. It turned out to be a win win situation after all. If you have bought a uke, You can keep it to ease your own UAS.

Last edited:
Thanks for trying to help. I'm officially cured now. I'll keep all of you in mind if it hits again. Don't worry. You're efforts will not be forgotten.

Thanks for trying to help. I'm officially cured now. I'll keep all of you in mind if it hits again. Don't worry. You're efforts will not be forgotten.

No you're not. You'll soon get hit in the back of the head with another case.

Cassie, that's consitter's standard signature, it's not specifically meant for you.

Cassie, I just discovered that you're blind so misunderstanding posts now makes sense. Patrick Madsen was joking around with UncleMoon about giving away a very expensive Moore Bettah ukulele. UncleMoon wants to give Patrick his address in a private message (PM) where to send the uke.

Folks, when Cassie is involved in a thread, it would be a good idea to keep in mind that she's blind and to word your post so that her text verbalizer will make better sense out of it.

Last edited:
Thanks! That would help me more when I start learning the uke. You guys are so nice and I love it. I can listen to the audio in youtube videos and that's how I found the One i sent you a link to.

Cassie, I don't know how efficient your software is, but you might try activating the "reply with quote" button before you create a reply, which will enter the specific post you're replying to.

Well, thanks Cassie, but I really don't deserve the credit. The credit goes to you for your patience and to every helpful person on UU, and to Mim's Ukes, our friend who is so easy and pleasant to work with. Tell her I said hi!
We were talking about a famous blind musician (Stevie Wonder) in church today, and how they often can hear music so well.
It made me think of you.
(PS, the only real cure to this addiction is "kicking the proverbial bucket")

...I'm officially cured of UAS!

Sorry to break it to you Cassie, but this ain't never gonna happen.

UAS is a lifelong affliction, a grave disease and an all-consuming mental condition.

Many have tried, and many have died in the attempt, or they just gave in and got another uke.

There are some rumors, no LEGENDS of certain old-timers who are no longer on the UU forum, and the story is that they tried to quit UAS, but then after divesting themselves of their last uke, they were never heard from again, and the common wisdom is that they are considered either lost to the cosmos, or crossed-over to the Dark Side.

It's a bad path to assume you can be free of UAS, for that thinking is fraught with danger and dismay. I would recommend to avoid trying to cure UAS, unless you want the Dark Side to get you.....MUUUAAAAAHHH hAAAAA HHAAAA!

[just kidding of course] :shaka:

Sorry to break it to you Cassie, but this ain't never gonna happen.

UAS is a lifelong affliction, a grave disease and an all-consuming mental condition.

Many have tried, and many have died in the attempt, or they just gave in and got another uke.

There are some rumors, no LEGENDS of certain old-timers who are no longer on the UU forum, and the story is that they tried to quit UAS, but then after divesting themselves of their last uke, they were never heard from again, and the common wisdom is that they are considered either lost to the cosmos, or crossed-over to the Dark Side.

It's a bad path to assume you can be free of UAS, for that thinking is fraught with danger and dismay. I would recommend to avoid trying to cure UAS, unless you want the Dark Side to get you.....MUUUAAAAAHHH hAAAAA HHAAAA!

[just kidding of course] :shaka:

You watch too much star wars, LOL. I don't know. for now. It's quiet. I guess it's like giving radiation to cancer. It helps but never gets rid of the cancer completely. That's not completely unlike UAS. New ukes are like the radiation but it's no where near as dangerous.

Last edited:
I guess it's like giving radiation to cancer. It helps but never gets rid of the cancer completely. That's not completely unlike UAS. New ukes are like the radiation but it's no where near as dangerous.

That is a brilliant analogy. (I mean it.) (But I do not have a medical degree.)

Top Bottom