FS (UK): LoPrinzi Custom Koa Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBB

TheBathBird
UU VIP
Reaction score
I bought this uke from a UU member in March of this year, and I honestly thought I'd never part with it. But I've got the opportunity to buy a Kamaka Ohta San with a significant discount, so I'm basically selling off pretty much everything I own (including a few major organs).

It's a custom koa soprano, with 14 fret join, 19 frets in total. 'Tortoiseshell' binding. Mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, bone nut and saddle. MoP position markers and Loprinzi logo. Black Grover friction tuners. Strap button. Satin finish.

The wood is stunningly beautiful, it positively glows and shimmers in the light. I don't know how this koa would be described, the closest I've seen was described as quilted koa. It is an absolute joy to play thanks to the wonderfully slim neck, and those extra frets before the body join. And it sounds terrific, really sweet and mellow.

There is a little shine/scratching from strum wear, a small (manufacturing?) fault on the back where the binding meets the body, and a couple of tiny, hard to see, dents at the waist. A previous owner noticed some internal splintering in the curve of the side, apparently a luthier said it wasn't a problem, but it was patched and glued very neatly (with linen(?) I think).

It comes in a good quality hard case that fits it like a glove.

Currently strung with Martin M600s.

Asking £295 including UK shipping.

(Going to try to add some photos now. I'm new to this, and I'm using my very uncooperative ipad, so apologies if I end up posting photos of my kids on the beach by mistake...)image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Couple more pics, including one of the strum wear.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgOops, forgot the U.U. label one. No idea why these are all ending up on their sides, sorry :)

Edit: Also, a photo showing the tiny dent in the waist image.jpg

Last edited:
Seriously, why are my photos upside down?! Hopefully there's a bat out there somewhere looking to buy a ukulele.

PRICE REDUCTION! £295 inc. shipping. This is a gorgeous uke, handmade in Florida by Donna LoPrinzi. It's a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom