Ukulele Bands

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
Saw this bunch, Katie's Jumping Fleas, performing at my local pub this afternoon. Great fun.

How many of you play in uke bands, or have bands like this playing near where you live?

Here in Los Angeles there are a bunch of groups like that. I'm a member and play bass uke for The CC Strummers out of the Culver City Senior Center, about 90 of us, and from 20 to 60 have performed a variety of gigs. Just yesterday we did the 1st Annual Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival in Torrence, California in the South Bay. If you go to YouTube and search for CC Strummers you'll find a whole bunch of videos.

I was also a member of the advanced instrumental group, the Westside Ukulele Ensemble in West Los Angeles, they also played yesterday. They have about 10-12 members and do a variety of three part instrumentals. They have some videos on YouTube as well. I ended up dropping out, bit off more than I could chew.

We have The Two Ukes, which consists of the Prez of TBUS and his bestie, a Ubass player. They played with Donna Frost here last month.
We also have Reenee and the Rollers, which is three ukes, guitar, bass, and beat box. They're both fabulous. The Rollers played at our wedding in May. They blew the guests away.

We have a few in the Chicagoland area. The beatleles are an uke Beatles cover band that are really good. One of my local uke clubs, the free range ukulele society of oak park, has a few different groups within the uke club as well.

Top Bottom