Kamaka Pineapple Waffle

fretie

Reaction score
I'm cooling my heels while waiting for a fine UU member to put up a Kamaka for sale. And, as I wait, I waffle.
I thought I wanted to replace my earlier Kamaka soprano, gifted to a friend, with a long neck soprano or maybe a concert. Then while playing my Koaloha pineapple, which I love, I got to thinking why not a Kamaka pineapple?
Yeah, why not?!
I already have one pineapple ...what do you think, does it make sense to get a second one? What would you choose to do?

I'm cooling my heels while waiting for a fine UU member to put up a Kamaka for sale. And, as I wait, I waffle.
I thought I wanted to replace my earlier Kamaka soprano, gifted to a friend, with a long neck soprano or maybe a concert. Then while playing my Koaloha pineapple, which I love, I got to thinking why not a Kamaka pineapple?
Yeah, why not?!
I already have one pineapple ...what do you think, does it make sense to get a second one? What would you choose to do?

Well - you could compromise and get a longneck Kamaka pineapple! :)

I'm playing figure-8 ukes almost solely at this point, but I do have a Kamaka pineapple that was my main player for several years running. I love that thing - it was bumped from first place by my longneck figure-8 soprano earlier this year but if that one hadn't come along, I'd still be playing it.

I think having two pineapples is a fine plan - for a while I had the Kamaka and a Koaloha longneck pineapple and was pretty happy with those options.

There is a very nice Kamaka Pineapple up for purchase on the Market place right now ... I think you should consider it ... perhaps string them differently.

I have two SS ... one a mahogany and the other a KoAloha ... love both ...

There is a very nice Kamaka Pineapple up for purchase on the Market place right now ... I think you should consider it ... perhaps string them differently.

I have two SS ... one a mahogany and the other a KoAloha ... love both ...

Sam, I see a Koaloha pineapple in the market but not a Kamaka....am I missing something there?

I actually thought about exactly the same thing, but concluded that it doesn't really make sense, because I feel my KoAhloha LN pineapple is perfect (sound, feel). It has exactly the sound I hoped it would have. The Kamaka would have the bonus of being the original, but I'd rather use the money on a uke that offers something different. Now, a differently sized pineapple from Kamaka (do they have concert and tenor ones?), THAT would be another story ...

Frettie ... my mistake ... you are correct.

Mivo ... I have a LN KoAloha and just love it ... spacing of a Concert neck but all the soprano sound I was looking for.

I have a LN KoAloha and just love it ... spacing of a Concert neck but all the soprano sound I was looking for.

I had never seriously considered a longneck, until Janeray and others recommended it so warmly, so I bought it. I really love the thing, it's my favorite uke.

Oh, and I see Fretie has a standard pineapple KoAloha! In that case, a longneck Kamaka pineapple would not be unreasonable at all! (Gosh, we are such enablers!)

I bought a KPK longneck soprano pineapple on impulse. Sounds pretty good.....right up to the time I lay it down and pick up my Kamaka

I have a kamaka pineapple for sale, almost new from Mims. It'd be coming from the UK though. PM me if interested..I can send pics etc! Cheers, Matt

I have a kamaka pineapple for sale, almost new from Mims. It'd be coming from the UK though. PM me if interested..I can send pics etc! Cheers, Matt

How much are you looking for it. Do you have any pics?

Pineapple Waffle? Sounds delish!! Like Banana Pancakes.

Glad I'm not the only one who clicked this thread for that! :eek:

What would I do? If I already had a pineapple, which I don't, I'd get a long neck. Even considering I have no pineapple, I'd still get a long neck, pineapple especially. I like the shape and concert scale.

Well, thanks to Matty, I'll be able to make Pineapple waffles for breakie soon! I'm adding his beauty Kamaka pineapple to my currently lonesome Koaloha longneck. I figure I've got my bases covered now with two K brands and two customs!

Last edited:
Congrats, Fretie! That was an awesome deal, and the Kamaka pineapple looks lovely! (The case, too.)

Top Bottom