FS- Ohana Sopranino's X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker78

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have 2 superb Ohana sopraninos for sale.

An SK-21 with Worth Browns and an SK-21M with Martin M600's.

Both solid Mahogany. The SK-21M has ebony nut/saddle and the SK-21 has bone.

These are only a few months old and in great condition.

Action is spot on for both ukes and although similar in appearance, there is a distinct difference in the feel and sound.
The 21M really does have a more vintage vibe, and the standard 21 feels more refined, with a slightly more shiny finish.

These little ukes really need to be tried to appreciate just how good they are. The word 'sopranino' can make you think of a tiny music box sounding instrument, but these Ohanas are better described as basically a slightly smaller, sweeter looking soprano.

They play as well as standard soprano size and I find it easy to adjust to the sopranino scale, really not a problem and it's a joy to get such a great sound from something this size. They also actually fit into a standard soprano hard case, granted a bit more padding is required to fill out the inside but it works. (Based on a Kinsman hard case, not 100% certain other cases will be same)

Regarding tuning, I have them in standard GCEA but they are equally at home in D or F, or could even be tuned an octave higher with the piccolo strings. The strings don't feel slack at all in GCEA, no different to standard soprano really.

Both brilliant instruments and well worth having the pair!

Genuine and reluctant reason for sale, Bills, bills and more bills.

I'm asking for £65 each (€90, $100)

£10 UK postage or £20 overseas (€27, $31)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136540472@N05/

Last edited:
If anyone is one the fence about grabbing one of these, you should seriously go for it! I have the Ohana Sopranino in the mahogany antiqued finish, and I just love it! Sure, it has a higher, more gimmicky sound, but it is a real, quality instrument. It is a great value at full price (I got mine new from Mims Ukes this year), so this is a real bargain. I love mine, and I play it all the time. Great intonation, and you have the benefit of the real wood that opens up over time. This is no toy, but it sure is fun!

I don't know if she still has them, but I was also able to grab a sopranino-sized hard case from Mims Ukes, and I feel like this instrument deserves the extra care.

Just my 2 cents!

Kristi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom