Love my new Barron river Huon pine top with Tassy blackwood back and sides :)

JasonTLC

Reaction score
Had my Barron River Huon pine / Tassy blackwood tenor from Allen McFarlen for a couple of weeks. I am very impressed with it. I believe you may have read the review by Any Chen about his tenor. Well... this is his twin uke in a sense!

Some specs from the website:

Blackwood Tenor
Blackwood and Huon Pine with curly Mango bindings.
Head plate is York Gum burl, with Gidgee fret board and bridge.
Fitted with Gotoh Stealth machine heads and a K&K Aloha Twin pickup.
http://www.brguitars.com/gallery/tenor/blackwood_huon2/

These are some pictures which I have an additional scratch guard installed before shipment.
20150926_201810_resized.jpg20150926_201850_resized.jpg20150926_201932_resized.jpg20150926_201945_resized.jpg20150926_202002_resized.jpg

I love this uke. It has superb playability and has a very very strong mids in terms of tone. I have been playing with it for a couple of weeks and it has been sounding better each day! The trebles are settling in and it plays and sounds awesome. It has very very strong mids which I love and sounds awesome when amplified with the K&k installed.

It has a perfect finish and the workmanship is flawless! The only factor that I wish for will be a 14 fretter to the body and I understand this is a point to hit the sweet spot in this build with a 12 fretter.

In all, I love it and recommend this to all those out there wanting a professional grade instrument that shines acoustically and reach out to you in its simple yet beautiful aesthetics.

Perhaps.... a mahogany tenor :p (hint at Andy Chen)

Jason
Singapore

Gorgeous, congratulations Jason. Can't wait for Allen to finish my mahogany 8 string tenor.

Glad to hear you love the Barron River more each day, my twin uke owner-slash-ukebuddy!

Allen's work really deserves more mileage. I am just glad we got ours before his wait list piles up...

That is a seriously attractive uke, beautiful attention to detail, I likey very much

Gorgeous instrument. Happy to see a fellow satisfied BR owner!

Wow, that's a big brother/sister to Hippie Dribble's. Another "Tassie" uke made of our beautiful woods. I was thinking I should get a concert size made and that'd complete the family.

Glad to hear you love the Barron River more each day, my twin uke owner-slash-ukebuddy!

Allen's work really deserves more mileage. I am just glad we got ours before his wait list piles up...
Sound sample, please, Andy?

Top Bottom