Double neck? pee shaw

Kaneohe til the end

Reaction score
690361742_6d459d7e85.jpg

triple neck 'ukulele. anyone know the maker? im curious

Now that looks even more Klingon than the Sceptre. :eek:

That thing is for the indecisive uker. High G, no wait!, Low G, no wait!, DGBA, no wait!, cGEA, no wait!...

Perhaps it belongs to a string manufacturer who needs to show all his wares at once.

Or maybe it's a trainer uke. The student holds it like a regular instrument and the instructor gets behind and reaches around to show how it's done. This way the student can see it the real way instead of a mirror image. ;)

Looks to me as if the top two necks have six strings apiece.... Uke-tar?

At least it's not as confusing as this baby owned by Pat Metheny.

And I was going to make a crack about the guy with the triple neck uke compensating...

That guitar / harp / lute/ whatever / amalgam of strings (imagine tuning that thing!) would make me cry if I tried to play it.

It would beat me up and then spit on me.

It looks mean.

I took that picture!!! I won't be able to give you that much info, but...

I believe he played with Sonny Lim at the Lanihau Center on the Big Island. They opened up for the Makaha Sons - great show. Who made it? I have no idea. But it looks like the top neck has a low A string leading me to think it is tuned like a standard 6 string. And the second neck looks like doubled G and C.

As for Pat's guitar - yes that is insane. I read somewhere that all those strings pull something around 20,000 pounds... That's plenty to kill a guy!

This thread reminds me of the progression of shaving razors...

Sensor excel!... Mach 3.... Schick Quattro.... Fusion!

Top Bottom