PDA

View Full Version : Low G string(s) for concert uke?

buddhuu
03-19-2009, 12:02 AM
In the UK it seems quite difficult to find low G sets for concert uke.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know of:

a) Any UK suppliers who stock low G concert sets, or individual concert low G strings, and/or

b) Any strings that are suitable for use as concert uke low G strings (perhaps a classical/Spanish guitar string of a certain gauge, or something?).

I'm aware of plenty of UK stockists of Aquilas etc, but few have low G concert sets or individual low G strings, and those who do are either constantly out-of-stock or charge rather silly p&p/shipping.

Any info gratefully received.

deach
03-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Contact MGM. He has some.

buddhuu
03-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks Deach.

Being new I don't really know people here yet, although obviously I've seen some names buzzing about.

Is MGM in the UK? Bringing stuff in from outside can be costly...

paw123los
03-19-2009, 03:49 AM
You can check at www.ukulele.de .It is in Germany so you will avoid all the tax and custom office stuff. They are also the manufacturer of Risa ukuleles.

Oswegan
03-19-2009, 04:20 AM
In the UK it seems quite difficult to find low G sets for concert uke.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know of:

a) Any UK suppliers who stock low G concert sets, or individual concert low G strings, and/or

b) Any strings that are suitable for use as concert uke low G strings (perhaps a classical/Spanish guitar string of a certain gauge, or something?).

I'm aware of plenty of UK stockists of Aquilas etc, but few have low G concert sets or individual low G strings, and those who do are either constantly out-of-stock or charge rather silly p&p/shipping.

Any info gratefully received.

Both Fremont and Worth have good low g sets. The Fremont blacklines have an individual low g string you can buy. I am currently really enjoying the combo of a Ko'olau wound low g string and Worth CT for the C, E and A strings.

Go on ebay UK and look for musicguymic or another seller that stocks lots of strings. I don't think the shipping will be that much. They can be mailed in a regular envelope.