Low G string(s) for concert uke?

buddhuu

Super Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
In the UK it seems quite difficult to find low G sets for concert uke.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know of:

a) Any UK suppliers who stock low G concert sets, or individual concert low G strings, and/or

b) Any strings that are suitable for use as concert uke low G strings (perhaps a classical/Spanish guitar string of a certain gauge, or something?).

I'm aware of plenty of UK stockists of Aquilas etc, but few have low G concert sets or individual low G strings, and those who do are either constantly out-of-stock or charge rather silly p&p/shipping.

Any info gratefully received.

Thanks Deach.

Being new I don't really know people here yet, although obviously I've seen some names buzzing about.

Is MGM in the UK? Bringing stuff in from outside can be costly...

You can check at www.ukulele.de .It is in Germany so you will avoid all the tax and custom office stuff. They are also the manufacturer of Risa ukuleles.

In the UK it seems quite difficult to find low G sets for concert uke.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know of:

a) Any UK suppliers who stock low G concert sets, or individual concert low G strings, and/or

b) Any strings that are suitable for use as concert uke low G strings (perhaps a classical/Spanish guitar string of a certain gauge, or something?).

I'm aware of plenty of UK stockists of Aquilas etc, but few have low G concert sets or individual low G strings, and those who do are either constantly out-of-stock or charge rather silly p&p/shipping.

Any info gratefully received.

Both Fremont and Worth have good low g sets. The Fremont blacklines have an individual low g string you can buy. I am currently really enjoying the combo of a Ko'olau wound low g string and Worth CT for the C, E and A strings.

Go on ebay UK and look for musicguymic or another seller that stocks lots of strings. I don't think the shipping will be that much. They can be mailed in a regular envelope.

Top Bottom