Ukulele Strings and Underwear- Profound

Uke Republic

Reaction score
We change strings all the time here so I just gave my opinion on when to change strings on your ukulele and then like a bolt of lightning it hit me!
Ukulele strings strings are a lot like underwear. Strings elasticity starts to go after a while but you don't realize at first. You tune them up then they go out again. Underwear's elasticity starts to go but you don't realize it at first but then they start sliding down and you pull them up causing a wedgie affect and you know then you need new underwear.
Now when to change your low G string....:D;)

We change strings all the time here so I just gave my opinion on when to change strings on your ukulele and then like a bolt of lightning it hit me!
Ukulele strings strings are a lot like underwear. Strings elasticity starts to go after a while but you don't realize at first. You tune them up then they go out again. Underwear's elasticity starts to go but you don't realize it at first but then they start sliding down and you pull them up causing a wedgie affect and you know then you need new underwear.
Now when to change your low G string....:D;)

You're so funny silly...lol
But, you have a good point!

You got a spit take-it was beer.
My nose is burning now . . . great post!

In my case, at least the most recent one, it's when one breaks - as happened to me this afternoon. The A string on my Risa stick snapped when I was tuning it up.

A lot of guys will wear underwear until they practically disintegrate. They'd be playing some pretty dull sounding strings!

So it should follow that washing strings would make them smell better.

A lot of guys will wear underwear until they practically disintegrate. They'd be playing some pretty dull sounding strings!
And some microwave their knickers for a fast cleanup. Don't do that with strings, nylon OR steel.

So it should follow that washing strings would make them smell better.

... and tumble-dry them in the hope they shrink a little ...

So we change our stings like we change our shorts? Once a week whether we need it or not??

Top Bottom