How do you

Do you mean saddle?? Some people get the bridge and saddle mixed up. The saddle is the (white) piece that the strings actually arc across. The bridge is the big piece of wood that holds each string to the body. thanks,..e.lo...

Ummm my bridge creeks when I turn the tuning peg. I'm just scared it's just going to come out. any clue on how to fix it??

Fatbo, sounds like the glue is dried out underneath the bridge and it's getting ready to pop off. Or it might have a hairline crack somewhere along the grain of the wood that might be causing the "creak" in the wood as you tighten up the strings. Give it a good look. See if the underside (backside) of the bridge is lifting up. Also check the backside where the strings go in and look for a crack. Then check the slot around the saddle for the same thing.

1. If the bridge is coming off, then you would probably want to remove it, clean up the bridge and top of body area to remove old glue, then re-glue and clamp it to your body once again. Of course you would have to have some woodworking experience to do this. Dominator (UU member) is a luthier and could probably walk you thru this process. Or there is a bunch of self-help instructions on-line that you might read up on.

2. If it's a crack(s), then you could (after removing strings) probably squeeze (force) some Elmer's wood glue in the crack(s), clamp it, then wait 24 hours for the glue to dry, then put the strings back on. (note: clean up extra glue at the time of clamping or just sand it off after it drys.)

Good luck, e.lo.........

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the advice but what kind of glue should I use??
Elmer's wood glue. It might be called Elmer's woodworkers (it's the yellow not the white glue), but any company really that carries wood glue, but Elmer's is very good.

Last edited:
Elmer's wood glue. It might be called Elmer's woodworkers (it's the yellow not the white glue), but any company really that carries wood glue, but Elmer's is very good.

I disagree ( respectfully ) I would use Titebond original wood glue, it is what I use when I am building my Ukuele.

You can get it at home depot for less than $3.00.

Aloha
Acabooe:cool:

Top Bottom