Your Best Videos?

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
Feeling nostalgic today. I've been making videos since May of 2007. I know a lot of people don't look back at my older videos, so here are the ones I'm especially proud of. I'd like to know what other players feel are their best videos. Shall we start a thread? Create a cheat-sheet list of your own favorite videos!

Schnappi

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Folsom Prison Blues
Deep River Blues
Maneater
Hang on Little Tomato
I Can't Help Falling in Love with You
I Don't Want to Set the World of Fire
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
The Main Thing
It's Only YouTube (But You're Still a Star to Me)
Do You Want to Know a Secret
Darktown Strutter's Ball
The Only Ukulele Player in Siberia
Embraceable You
Your Father's Eyes
Call Me Art

I'd like to know what you feel are your best videos.

Here are a few of my favourites.

I really liked these, but they only got a few comments or views. On one of these videos, only two people made a comment (big thanks to Russ and Stephen).

Not A Soul which is filmed in a deserted railway station and uses the music The Minstrel Boy. I like this one a lot.

With God On Our Side. One of Dylan's best songs.

Minehead In Black And White which curiously uses my best version of the tune Old Joe Clark.

And three Leonard Cohen songs.

The Window The spear of the age in your side.

On That Day On that day they wounded New York.

Why Don't You Try? Do you need to hold a leash to be a lady?

Thanks

KEN

A brain is only as strong as its weakest think.

Hmmm... well I've only got seven of 'em so far. And they all sorta suck equally. :p

But you always fondly remember your first time.

Ah, those halcyon days of, um... last month.

JJ

WEll I suppose over a period of time you learn how to make videos, At the moment I just point and shoot the camera and record everything mistakes and all. I am impressed by some of the videos that I see on youtube what with reverb on the voices and split screens and I think to myself... How do they do that? It must involve editing software.

So if you look at your videos can you trace any development and sophistication to new software you have experimented with... and what is your current set up regarding operating system and software?

your good.:nana:

WEll I suppose over a period of time you learn how to make videos, At the moment I just point and shoot the camera and record everything mistakes and all. I am impressed by some of the videos that I see on youtube what with reverb on the voices and split screens and I think to myself... How do they do that? It must involve editing software.

So if you look at your videos can you trace any development and sophistication to new software you have experimented with... and what is your current set up regarding operating system and software?

I use Windows Movie Maker for video editing. You can download extra add-on effects for MM from Movie Maker forums. Audio is now recorded and mixed on Audacity, which is freeware on the web. You can also download added effects for Audacity from the web.

As for what to do with split screen, reverb, etc. - that's up to your imagination!

I seem to be getting better at videos the more of them I make. (It's that practice thing.)

Therefore my favorite is almost always the last one I did.

I'm still learning. Something things work, sometimes they don't. Once I find the right formula, hopefully I can say the same thing.

I would include some of your recent original songs, too, bud!

I can't watch my singing/playing videos but I can watch Yook Minutes over and over.

Alan, I really liked your Hang on Little Tomato cover-- I never saw that one before and it was brilliant :D

My favorite one I've done so far is D.R.I.N.K. It starts a little slow and simple, but I really like the strumming used in it later and it makes me happy :cheers:

Top Bottom