How to make a Uker Smile Attn: Krabbers

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
Ok long story but the background makes it all make sense i think....true story from today

Woke up this morning: another day of speech 101 class. Walk a mile to school. Teacher calls me and says she can't make it to class today, broken car. See, a month ago I did my first speech on Ukulele, Ukulele underground and youtube: the prompt was "Describe a community you feel part of, that defines you." I opened the speech with a few bars of "Creep" by Radiohead..."I'm a creep, i'm a weirdo, what the hell am i doing here, i don't believe here" a fitting homage to my feelings about being the only loser who put off a freshman level class until his senior year.
Back to the present we come. So as I'm writing the information up on the board, the details of our evacuation from 110 minutes of drudgery, and as the class left. One freshman stayed behind. I didn't really know him, just saw his first two speeches...otherwise hadn't shared a word. He approached me quietly and said "I don't wanna creep you out but...after i saw you speech i checked out your youtube page and well..." He lifted his phone push play and this is what I heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qnNT890EZI&feature=channel_page

I couldn't stop smiling...Not only do I not know the kid...i don't even have the MP3 availible...he went through an awful lot of trouble to do that...I wonder if lisa put him up to it.

Last edited:
thus proving people who go to SIU-C are weird... lol j\k. but thats seriously awesome man.

Top Bottom