Bach prelude on tenor

Very nicely done.
I encourage you to peruse Jordi's Bach transcriptions.

Nice job. You should be proud. I smiled when I saw your excitement at the end of the video.

My :2cents:
I played with an anchored finger for almost a year.
But I recently un-anchored my little finger and I am feeling more freedom of movement in my fingers.
You might try it.
Feels funny at first but muscle memory shouldn't take long.

BTW, I gave it a thumb's up.
I am surprised no one else gave you thumbs up.

Marvelous! I've studied the Bach Cello Suites since about 1970. I played them originally in the Hoss transcription for French Horn, and later in a trumpet transcription playing the Tenor Horn. I've never tried them on the Uke. I had made a commitment to record one entire Suite on the Tenor Horn last year. Unfortunately ill health stopped me from realizing that goal. Maybe I can get back to it. But, in the meantime you have inspired me to try a few of the movements on my Uke. Thanks!

Nice job. You should be proud. I smiled when I saw your excitement at the end of the video.

My :2cents:
I played with an anchored finger for almost a year.
But I recently un-anchored my little finger and I am feeling more freedom of movement in my fingers.
You might try it.
Feels funny at first but muscle memory shouldn't take long.

BTW, I gave it a thumb's up.
I am surprised no one else gave you thumbs up.

Thanks for watching! I smiled too! Is the anchored finger my right hand pinky? I'ver never had lessons and do not know all the terms and technicals. My finger picking style is kind of based on Scruggs style banjo stuff. So not a lot of ring and pinky finger. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Marvelous! I've studied the Bach Cello Suites since about 1970. I played them originally in the Hoss transcription for French Horn, and later in a trumpet transcription playing the Tenor Horn. I've never tried them on the Uke. I had made a commitment to record one entire Suite on the Tenor Horn last year. Unfortunately ill health stopped me from realizing that goal. Maybe I can get back to it. But, in the meantime you have inspired me to try a few of the movements on my Uke. Thanks!

Awesome! Trumpet is the coolest! My cousin plays trumpet in a pretty wild band called Fond of Tigers. They won a Juno award. That's Canadian. I am glad you liked it and I am honoured to have been an inspiration! Cheers!

Well done, as,you play in my opinion this prelude should be play in this tempo not to slow. A good work congratulation

Thanks for watching! I smiled too! Is the anchored finger my right hand pinky? I'ver never had lessons and do not know all the terms and technicals. My finger picking style is kind of based on Scruggs style banjo stuff. So not a lot of ring and pinky finger. Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Josh,
Like you, I had no formal lessons and just did what felt 'right to me' when I started playing.
Firstly, many players use an anchored little finger(pinky of your right hand) and seem happy.
But, I found that an anchored little finger was causing tension in my hand and was limiting movement in my other fingers.
Another player directed me to a video of a very nice technique for playing that has greatly helped me; it was made for classical guitar but can be useful for ukulele players too.
This is well worth the time for any player, new or seasoned.

https://www.classicalguitarshed.com...340098397&mc_cid=c482225e9f&mc_eid=3727d206c2

Last edited:
Top Bottom