Making Progress

vcs700s

Reaction score
Today, my son-in-law put up my uke hangers. It took me awhile to figure out where I wanted to mount them. It is finally starting to look the way I envisioned.

Yes, there are three empty ones. My custom ordered Fluke tenor arrives tomorrow. I also have a Kala tenor coming from HMS and plan on purchasing a Gary Gill tenor soon.

I may have to get a couple of more hangers as HMS has a Pono baritone I would love to have.

It never ends!

image7.JPG

You would have a lot more room for sacred 'ukes if you got rid of the TV. ;)

The wall facing me in our "morning room" is lined with barrister bookshelf cabinets with glass doors decorated with brass pull knobs. Hanging from those knobs, suspend by loops of fishing line, are scads of 'ukes, mandolins, mountain dulcimers, etc. Guitars, banjo, o'uds etc rest on the carpet and lean against the cabinet doors between the hanging fruit. No cases -- cased instruments don't get played.

Well over two dozen acoustic string instruments (and some percussion pieces) face me as I recline in my sofa, ThinkPad in my lap, concert 'uke on the cushion beside me waiting to be grabbed and played. (The electrics are banished to another room.) Life is good.

Top Bottom