Tenor OutDoor Uke or Tenor Fluke

UkeBus

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has both of these - looking for an honest comparison. Looking to buy one or the other. I have an Outdoor Soprano and like it for camping - looking at the Tenor Model but wonder how it compares to a Tenor Fluke. Sound wise.

Last edited:
No contest. The fluke will sound better.

The Outdoor Tenor has good intonation and clarity but lacks volume towards your ear (needs a soundhole). Also, if you use nails like I do, the clicking sound they make on the strings is annoying. The neck is weak on the OT as well. I'm quite certain that Sukie is correct...go with the Fluke

No contest. The fluke will sound better.

I agree. IMO, Flukes and Fleas are the best, most durable, all-around, take-anywhere, great sounding Ukes available.

Scooter

I concur on the Fluke/Flea. I recently got a concert Flea and it is a very impressive uke. An Outdoor Puke couldn't hold a candle to the Fluke.

I don't have an outdoor uke but they always struck me as overpriced for what they were.

I do have a tenor Fluke though and I can thoroughly recommend it. Great quality good tone and robust. It and my soprano Flea are my regular take out Ukes.

Top Bottom