Two Uke Cases?

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just read in the "How Many Ukes to a Festival" thread a posting that made good sense to me. That is, taking two, one low G, and one reentrant. That got me to thinking. Is there any such thing as a two Uke case, i.e., a single case that holds a concert and a tenor uke? Lots of musicians have two instrument cases for flute and clarinet, or for two trumpets, etc. But, I've never seen a double uke case.

Steady makes a very nice gig bag that can go double tenor.

If I was not set on building a twin-neck 'uke (as I mentioned in that other thread) I would probably use the old custom-camera-case trick: Measure the gear, find a sturdy case large enough, and cut-out foam to fit the gear. I laid a standard-size concert and tenor side-by-side and got 28x16x5 inches. Might an artist's easel case be about that size on the inside? I rearranged those slightly and got 36x14x5 inches. Are not some steel guitars in that range? If I stack the 'ukes (with a shaped divider) I get 28x10x8 inches. That approaches small suitcase size.

Of course, being a cheapskate, I might just bungee-cord two gig bags together and call it good. ;)

Have TWO double bags. One a concert-made by STEADY-black

, I believe Elderly has them both in Tenor & concert.
The other is DOUBLE TENOR, got it on Sweetwater-around $55, nice bag. Steady is a nice bag also but I believe they are around $85+
Fun to have both high & low G for a gig as some songs lend themselves to one or other

I bought a dual gig bag from Elderly almost two years, but I use it for one uke and in the second compartment, my music stand and tablet. What I like the most is the backpack straps so I can carry it easily.

dual bag both.jpg

I've been using a double tennis racket case. I can put my uke in the hard case on one side and my iPad /music stand in the other. Or two ukes in cases. They're pretty inexpensive and there are a lot of used ones around. I have two now and I paid $5 each.

I bought a dual gig bag from Elderly almost two years, but I use it for one uke and in the second compartment, my music stand and tablet. What I like the most is the backpack straps so I can carry it easily.

dual bag both.jpg

that looks like my double bag, which is Anue Nue brand for concert ukes. Not easy finding concert size bags. Very lightweight and easy to carry around, but not the greatest level of protection.

Top Bottom