Taking bids on an Islander Mst-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see some photos and an asking price.
Thanks,

I bid $5 - you'll throw in a hard case and free shipping for that price, right?

I have a barely used mst-4.

Welcome to UU and please don't take any of this personally. People are just paranoid about first time posters selling stuff. A little more info on the uke and yourself would be interesting.

prolly best for an op just to either close or delete this whole thread. first time poster violating the rules. not a good sign.

I bid $7.34 and I'll throw in a gently-used VHS copy of National Lampoon's Vacation

Oh yeah? Give me 50 bucks and I'll take it off your hands, no strings attached.

Actually, KoaDependant, I'm on your side. Edit your approach, follow the rules and you'll find a buyer.

prolly best for an op just to either close or delete this whole thread. first time poster violating the rules. not a good sign.
What "rules" specifically, have been violated?

What "rules" specifically, have been violated?

Apparently, none. Quoting from #8: "All that being said, the above suggestions are not rules. They are guidelines. Including the above in your post will greatly increase the chances of selling your ukulele, but if you choose not to include them, you will not be penalized by UU."

The market can determine the value of the instrument, and the trustworthiness of the ad.

Time of Post: 09-30-2015, 11:41 PM

Last Activity: 09-30-2015 11:41 PM

okay informal rulez. price, picture with dated item like today's newspsper, etc. i've seen enough people complain about the violation of some of these conventions to assume they were just rulez. niceties a drive by dumper didn't seem to care enough about to figure out.

For the forum police. Here are the rules::

There are three Marketplace rules:

Please do not post links or otherwise direct people to your eBay auction. This subsection is intended for member-to-member transactions only, sans middle man. If you would like to announce your eBay auction, please do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Dealers may not post in the Marketplace. If you wish to start a thread about your business, you may do so in the Links and Videos subsection.
Certain items are unsuitable for trade through UU. The following are prohibited and may not be mentioned, even in hints or code, in the context of trading on this forum:
> weapons (including, but not only, firearms, knives, bows/crossbows, stun guns and martial arts weapons)
> drugs or medicines
> any item the trading/selling of which is subject to legal regulation or control, including items such as tortoiseshell, wood, and other things covered by the CITES convention.

Rules, guidelines, suggestions, whatever. It doesn't take away from the fact that somebody joined the forum, did nothing to introduce themselves, and then said they wanted bids for a uke, with no pictures, in fact no details at all. A bit like walking into a shopping centre and shouting "anyone want to buy what's in this box?"
I'm not surprised by the negative reaction. And the fact that the seller hasn't been back since suggests to me that the reaction is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom