string question

Trevorbar

Reaction score
sorry if this is a stupid question, but i just got my aquilas and on the package the legend says "1st=red, 2nd blue, 3rd green, and 4th white"

my question is... Is the "1st" string the string closest to you when you play?
or is it the other way.

Not stupid. The string gauges on re-entrant uke means you have thin strings top and bottom! Confusing, eh?

As with guitar convention, the 1st string refers to the string nearest the ground as you play - the treble side of the instrument.

4th string is the one nearest your face. I suppose that's still more the bass side of the uke - despite that weird high g. Of course, if you string low G then it's definitely the bass side of the uke!

Not stupid. The string gauges on re-entrant uke means you have thin strings top and bottom! Confusing, eh?

As with guitar convention, the 1st string refers to the string nearest the ground as you play - the treble side of the instrument.

4th string is the one nearest your face. I suppose that's still more the bass side of the uke - despite that weird high g. Of course, if you string low G then it's definitely the bass side of the uke!

i already figured it out, but thanks!

Top Bottom