View Full Version : Attention member - deachisgay

deach
03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
BEST USER NAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Thanks for the early morning laugh.

and I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is.

Ahnko Honu
03-21-2009, 12:04 AM
NOTHING phases you deach, great come-back (almost pee'd my pants), you're one of a kind braddah! :shaka:;)

Ken Middleton
03-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Outstanding, Deach.

UUadmin
03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
note to people who create accounts like this. I can see who you are... deciding what I should do

casetone2514
03-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Maybe it supposed to read: de_cheeeze_guy.
"s'cuze me while I de_cheeeze_guy"
My hearing ain't so good these days.

Faricelli
03-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Thanks for clearing the air about your boyfriend. For the longest time I thought that was one ugly girl.

Yopparai
03-21-2009, 04:56 AM
But the crossdressing comment was totally accurate!

Well met, Deach.

I used to be amazed at people who thought if they logged in with a different name they were somehow undetectible. Then I realized trolls are morons. Sic 'em, Admin!

generem
03-21-2009, 05:08 AM
Huh...

I saw that username last night and thought it was just one of your many identities deach.. cuz if it wasnt you or done without your permission, thats just disrespectful. (even if its true) ;)

UKISOCIETY
03-21-2009, 05:43 AM
Huh...

I saw that username last night and thought it was just one of your many identities deach.. cuz if it wasnt you or done without your permission, thats just disrespectful. (even if its true) ;)

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :p

Slick
03-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Deach, your a classy cross-dresser. :cheers:

UkEdman90
03-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Huh...

I really dont think there is any way name calling could piss deach off! haha hes a pretty damn funny guy himself.

I find it funny aswell :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Paul December
03-21-2009, 06:43 AM
I remember seeing some news magazine show where a woman was being stalked and receiving hate mail & threatening messages on her answering machine.
The police staked out her house for some time and discovered something truly shocking.... the stalked woman had a split-personality and was stalking herself! :eek:

seeso
03-21-2009, 07:11 AM
The member who created the account in question is not deach, so let's quell those rumors right now.

Paul December
03-21-2009, 07:15 AM
The member who created the account in question is not deach, so let's quell those rumors right now.

Not a rumor.... closer to an innuendo .... but really was a joke ;)

Renaissance-Man
03-21-2009, 07:37 AM
I'd say you have a secret admirer. That's precious.

Fred Miu
03-21-2009, 07:59 AM

i seriously ALOLed haha. side note, i love you deach:rock:

at first i thought it was deach until i saw UUadmins post.

still dont see why someone would do that.

Ukulele JJ
03-21-2009, 08:29 AM
still dont see why someone would do that.

Wishful thinking?

JJ

MisoHappy
03-21-2009, 08:37 AM
poor dude got banned :(

JT_Ukes
03-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Maybe he just meant Deach is Really Really happy?

so is the name Deachisreallyreallyhappy still available?

JT

Guting
03-21-2009, 09:41 AM
lawl .

generem
03-21-2009, 10:31 AM

JT

:rotfl:
:rotfl::smileybounce:

Hey Deach. Can I use your Pic as an Avatar?
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/picture.php?groupid=11&pictureid=323
Lipstick is awesome... Just your color

It takes a real man to take this pic and post it on the Web

deach
03-21-2009, 01:35 PM
I'd say you have a secret admirer. That's precious.

LOL. I hope it's a guy and I hope he's my type!

JT

Maybe that's what he/she wanted to use but was too lazy to type all that.

Hey Deach. Can I use your Pic as an Avatar?...

Of course. Have fun with it.

dbcali
03-21-2009, 05:05 PM
...according to the dictionary, deach IS gay: http://ukuleleunderground.com/smilies/shaka.gif
Synonyms:
1. gleeful, jovial, glad, joyous, happy, cheerful, sprightly, blithe, airy, light-hearted; vivacious, frolicsome, sportive, hilarious. Gay, jolly, joyful, merry describe a happy or light-hearted mood. Gay suggests a lightness of heart or liveliness of mood that is openly manifested: when hearts were young and gay. Jolly indicates a good-humored, natural, expansive gaiety of mood or disposition: a jolly crowd at a party. Joyful suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing: joyful over the good news. Merry is often interchangeable with gay: a merry disposition; a merry party; it suggests, even more than the latter, convivial animated enjoyment. 2. brilliant.
you're OK in my book...

RON<>VA
03-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Even more disturbing than deachisgay, is the new member who signed in today - "deachtookaballetclass". Gay is one thing, but ballet? What next?

Guting
03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
dont you know? ballet is badass!

Fred Miu
03-21-2009, 10:53 PM
dont you know? ballet is badass!

so is, those guys got MAD HOPS!!

tsudawuda
03-22-2009, 01:12 AM
I like the admin's avatar. Very fitting lol.

deach
03-22-2009, 01:58 AM
...according to the dictionary, deach IS gay: http://ukuleleunderground.com/smilies/shaka.gif
Synonyms:
1. gleeful, jovial, glad, joyous, happy, cheerful, sprightly, blithe, airy, light-hearted; vivacious, frolicsome, sportive, hilarious. Gay, jolly, joyful, merry describe a happy or light-hearted mood. Gay suggests a lightness of heart or liveliness of mood that is openly manifested: when hearts were young and gay. Jolly indicates a good-humored, natural, expansive gaiety of mood or disposition: a jolly crowd at a party. Joyful suggests gladness, happiness, rejoicing: joyful over the good news. Merry is often interchangeable with gay: a merry disposition; a merry party; it suggests, even more than the latter, convivial animated enjoyment. 2. brilliant.
you're OK in my book...

I like "frolicsome". Like Puff the Magic Dragon.

ukantor
03-22-2009, 02:22 AM
There is a small side street in Newtown, Powys, Wales called Frolic Street. Whenever I drive past, I smile - I guess you could say it makes me feel gay.

Ukantor.

Ukulele JJ
03-22-2009, 03:43 AM
There is a small side street in Newtown, Powys, Wales called Frolic Street. Whenever I drive past, I smile - I guess you could say it makes me feel gay.

There is a small side street in Nashville called Gay Street (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=gay+st.,+nashville,+tn&sll=36.17114,-86.782379&sspn=0.550969,1.175537&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=36.168126,-86.784568&spn=0.018015,0.036736&z=15&iwloc=addr). It doesn't make me feel particularly frolicsome though.

Well... maybe a little frolicsome.

:)

JJ

Captain Google
03-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Even more disturbing than deachisgay, is the new member who signed in today - "deachtookaballetclass". Gay is one thing, but ballet? What next?

I'm guessing deachforpresident.

deachforpresident
03-22-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm guessing deachforpresident.

sorry, thats already taken

Ahnko Honu
03-22-2009, 10:22 AM
deachisfrolicsome

mctrmt
03-22-2009, 12:13 PM
deachisnotwhatisnotdeach

100percenthapa
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
The UUadmin is almost as awesome as deach.

And what lowlife had the nerve to say that deach is gay? They don't even know deach.

geoffsuke
03-22-2009, 01:34 PM

swings both ways then hey deach!!!

ukantor
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
What bothers me in all of this, is the general acceptance that it is somehow shameful to be gay, or an insult to be called gay. It is stupid and inappropriate to refer to someone's sexual orientation on a public forum, but Deach himself seems not to be fazed by it, so no harm done.

I say this as the very proud and loving father of a gay son.

Ukantor.

deach
03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
What bothers me in all of this, is the general acceptance that it is somehow shameful to be gay, or an insult to be called gay. It is stupid and inappropriate to refer to someone's sexual orientation on a public forum, but Deach himself seems not to be fazed by it, so no harm done.

Ukantor.

There was a big discussion here about how "gay" was used as a putdown. I really don't want to relive that discussion.

As for not being fazed by it, I thought it was funny for so many reasons.

Thanks to everyone who was concerned for my feelings about this. I appreciate it.

Ahnko Honu
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is.

I'm a lesbian but my girlfriend isn't

BboyEmperor
03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
There's a side street in my city called "Gaylord avenue" or street...
My friends always mention it when we pass by it.
Just thought I'd share.

Fred Miu
03-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm a lesbian but my girlfriend isn't

my tranny girlfriend hates boys :o

seeso
03-22-2009, 06:50 PM

Ukantor.

Agreed, and well said.

buddhuu
03-23-2009, 12:07 AM

Ukantor.

Agreed, and well said.

Seconded here.

I'm the proud brother of a very, outrageously gay sister! My sis is one of the best and funniest people I know.

Respect to Deach for not freaking out and treating being called "gay" as an insult.

Love is love. Let's have more of it. :shaka:

hoosierhiver
03-23-2009, 05:09 AM
I find UU to be filled with very cool, progressive people. Definitely above the rank and file of the masses out there. Forward thinking, non-judgemental, supportive and understanding. To me UU really stands out as an example of a solid respectable community, kind and compassionate but not afraid to speak up when someone is inappropriate. Everyone is welcome here as long as they treat others with respect.

03-23-2009, 05:40 AM
I find UU to be filled with very cool, progressive people. Definitely above the rank and file of the masses out there. Forward thinking, non-judgemental, supportive and understanding. To me UU really stands out as an example of a solid respectable community, kind and compassionate but not afraid to speak up when someone is inappropriate. Everyone is welcome here as long as they treat others with respect.

as much as i'd like to believe this will be ultimately true, i've been in way too many messageboards to believe in a utopian discussion board. the way i figure, the board's pretty young (not in the readership but the board itself) and the board will go through the rough adolescents soon enough. so i guess the deachisgay is probably 5th grade?

Captain Google
03-23-2009, 05:53 AM
as much as i'd like to believe this will be ultimately true, i've been in way too many messageboards to believe in a utopian discussion board. the way i figure, the board's pretty young (not in the readership but the board itself) and the board will go through the rough adolescents soon enough. so i guess the deachisgay is probably 5th grade?

Considering that "Utopia", if I remember correctly, means "no place", I'm glad UU is not one. :cool:

beeejums
03-23-2009, 05:53 AM

I've kind of been thinking the same thing, but I'm still impressed that nobody seems to have "fed the trolls" so to speak... You never know.

dominicfoundthemooon
03-23-2009, 06:11 AM
Agreed, and well said.

i would also like to say well said! i am a teacher and my classroom is a safe space for all..

all kidding aside.. i think that the community here at UU is mostly a good one! and i have yet to see any CRAZY posts! i mean.. maybe they get deleted..

what is a troll?

Captain Google
03-23-2009, 06:15 AM
what is a troll?

Someone whose sole purpose is to make you mad.

Ahnko Honu
03-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Someone whose sole purpose is to make you mad.

And all this time I thought a troll was someone you pay money to to go over a bridge. :confused:;):cool:

beeejums
03-23-2009, 07:42 AM
And all this time I thought a troll was someone you pay money to to go over a bridge. :confused:;):cool:

Both are unpleasant, I suppose...

An interesting place to learn about how screwed up of a place the internet can be is Encyclopedia Dramatica. I don't want to link it, Google it if you're that interested. It's somewhat offensive and probably not safe for work.

There is a ton of goofiness mixed up with things that I suppose are true. I don't know, I think things like that (and 4chan, if you know what I'm talking about) are interesting from a sociological perspective and from a distance.

Captain Google
03-23-2009, 08:17 AM
And all this time I thought a troll was someone you pay money to to go over a bridge.

Does that not make you mad? That bridge was free to cross before that troll showed up! :mad: ;) :cool:

krabbers
03-23-2009, 08:55 AM
i was going to type something funny and then decided not to

NEXT!

lacerveza
03-23-2009, 11:13 AM
I like "frolicsome". Like Puff the Magic Dragon.
has anyone tabbed the puff the magic dragon song? i remember we used to sing that in assembly at primary school and one lad used to cry everytime we sung it.

hoosierhiver
03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
When I was a kid,I thought The Unicorn song was the saddest thing in the world.