Fleas and Pineapples in UK?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Hello All,
I'm in the UK and need a budget flea or pineapple Ukulele for my daughter. Does anyone know of one which doesn't have Spongebob Squarepants on it?? It's for an art project and is going to be painted so a spongebob one would do if we really had to but would prefer a plain one, if only to avoid the extra preparation. I can find one which is about £37 which is a good price but under £25 would be better if possible as it's unlikely to ever get played and we may need more than one if it goes well. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a cheapskate!
Ian.

To be honest, I've never seen a flea for sale in the UK and the only low-priced pineapples I've seen are the spongebob ones. However, the Les Paul and Tele-shaped ones from Maholo are available from places like DJMusic. The Tele would give a good painting surface.

TONY

To be honest, I've never seen a flea for sale in the UK and the only low-priced pineapples I've seen are the spongebob ones. However, the Les Paul and Tele-shaped ones from Maholo are available from places like DJMusic. The Tele would give a good painting surface.

TONY
Cheers, Tony.
Funnily enough about an hour ago I was thinking of the Mahalo Tele-Uke and wondering if I could do a Joe Strummer tribute uke, or maybe a Steve Jones tribute Les Paul. I have played one though and to be honest they're quite poor and not good value for money if it's going to be played at all. I felt it was about the same standard of construction as the £12 ones they do but with a fancy shape. The £37 pineapple on ebay looks quite good so we may just go for that or even just buy a cheapo Standard Soprano or two, plain ones can be had for about £15.
Cheers,
Ian.

Top Bottom