uke with pickup and pre amp

do you think i should get a uke with pickup and pre amp or just stick with a regular one?

thanks

if you see yourself performing or recording might as well. but if just regular kine jam action no need really. I would take snakeys advice, more better for have then not.

Depends on if you're buying the `ukulele for the `ukulele, or for the pickup.

If its the 2nd, the stop reading.

The `ukulele should always come first. Then, if the pickup is important, have it installed. OR, have the factory/builder install it for you upon purchase/build. Unlike guitars, most good `ukulele don't have pickups preinstalled.

You have to read through the most - I'm seeing more high end instruments with pickups being requested they be installed. I'd say the last 10 out of 10 instruments I've done have had pickups. For MGM, he's batting a thou.

-Aaron

I'm a purest, I don't perform for large crowds, and appreciate the unenhanced sounds of a great sounding ukulele. A purpose built solid wood electric ukulele is fine for what it is built for, BUT to punch a hole in beautiful wood work of art acoustic ukulele and add metal, wires, and switches and knobs (Borgefying) borders on sacrilege to ME. My Waverly #51 came with the piezo pickup at no charge so I'll play with a cheap amp but she's the exception. Penny for my thoughts? You got my 2 cents worth so made a penny profit.
Just my opinion so no get all HUHU. :D

BUT to punch a hole in beautiful wood work of art acoustic ukulele and add metal, wires, and switches and knobs (Borgefying) borders on sacrilege to ME. :D

That's why I went with the Mi-Si preamp. There is no body modification or giant holes to cut. The controls on a body mounted, Uke Size set up are pretty worthless any way.
I generally like being plugged in when I can because it gives me more freedom of movement. Plus I'm usually competing with a drummer.

BUT to punch a hole in beautiful wood work of art acoustic ukulele and add metal, wires, and switches and knobs (Borgefying) borders on sacrilege to ME.

That's why I went with the Mi-Si preamp.

I second that on the Mi-Si. My husband has installed them on two of my ukuleles.

Also, I have to have a strap, and the Mi-Si doubles as a strap button, so one hole for pick-up and strap button.

Top Bottom