Samick Greg Bennett ukes?

lacerveza

Reaction score
anyone have any experience with Samick Greg Bennett ukes? i'm looking at buying a uk 70 soprano but don't know if they are any good, i know samick music corp is the biggest in the world and own washburn and hohner but i dont know about the greg bennett label,any input would be great. (i've only just bought my first uke, a tenor and i'm already addicted)

Those ukes don't have the best of reputations. I would definitely advise you to try before you buy. Only your own hands and ears can tell you if you will like them. Ones I tried seemed to be rather heavily built, and as a result, quiet.

Ukantor.

The reputation of these ukes is well documented - just do search on this forum...

Don't even try before you buy, it's a waste of time. You're better of looking at something like Kala or if you are after a spruce topped soprano, go for the new Ohana SK70MG, which is far superior and has fantastic projection.

i bought a samick greg bennett uk60 concert for around $50 on ebay...i like it...fairly loud...for a $50 uke, it's good enough for me...

Made in Indonesia, $50 quite a score for a solid top uke. There was a used one locally for $90, I'd rather spend an extra $80 for a new KALA KA-ST.

cheers for the input, i think i'll wait a week or two and get a kala or i may even let myself have a pono if i've been good.but i can only find 1 supplier of pono in the uk and they always seem to be out of stock and i don't like the thought of a delicate instrument being shipped from the other side of the world(thats me just being over protective, it makes me cringe in animal house when john belushi smashes that guitar, i hate to see instruments destroyed)

I had one

IT WAS A LOVELY UKE FOR THE PRICE, I HAD THE MATTE ONE ASWELL
THE ONLY THING I DIDNT LIKE ABOUT IT WAS THE HEAD SHAPE

JUST REALISED I HAVE TYPED ALL OFTHIS IN uppercase
well i aint gonna retype it

Top Bottom