Kind of losing my UAS

NatalieS

Reaction score
A few months ago I was always dreaming about what uke I could bring home next. But I've recently come to realize that my Lanikai LK-1s is all I've ever wanted in a uke, and probably all I'll ever need. I'm still working on getting a custom-painted Fluke (I can't WAIT to share it with you guys!) but that will be as much wall art as it will be a player uke. I like my Kiwaya but don't really play it because I'm always preferring that sweet tone that the Lanikai produces.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??? :confused: Haha

It's just a phase you're going thru, don't worry when you come to your senses you'll be buying ukes 6 a year minimum. ;)

Last edited:
LOL! Well I think part of it may be the economy, and the fact that I'm now working 60+ hours a week so I have less time for the uke. I'm sure it probably is a phase, and that worries me a bit. ;)

My mom's getting herself a Kanile'a on her trip to Oahu in two months. She knows much less about the uke than I do, so I am having fun passing on some uke knowledge to her and educating her on what to look for. She loves my LK-1s and her name starts with a "K" so I'm sure she'll go for a Kanile'a concert soundmonster (with the lovely K logo on the headstock). See-- I'm living vicariously through her with her new uke!

I am typically content with ukuleles and guitars when I record them and I like what I hear. In fact, I recorded a tune today called "Wantin' Some Sunshine" (it was on an album I did in 1992 and on a ukulele album I did in December 2007, but this version is ukulele and guitar.

What I'd like to do is fine a good pickup for the sound-hole on a baritone ukulele. Now, that would be really great to have.

Last edited:
A few months ago I was always dreaming about what uke I could bring home next. But I've recently come to realize that my Lanikai LK-1s is all I've ever wanted in a uke, and probably all I'll ever need. I'm still working on getting a custom-painted Fluke (I can't WAIT to share it with you guys!) but that will be as much wall art as it will be a player uke. I like my Kiwaya but don't really play it because I'm always preferring that sweet tone that the Lanikai produces.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??? :confused: Haha

Haha, you should be glad. I'm still losing the UAS battle despite having several ukes that I would say qualify as "all I've ever wanted in a uke". I mean, I find myself actually wanting a few import ukes despite having a few custom built ukes in my possession. It makes no sense right? :eek:

Last edited:
Haha, you should be glad. I'm still losing the UAS battle despite having several ukes that I would say quality as "all I've ever wanted in a uke". I mean, I find myself actually wanting a few import ukes despite having a few custom built ukes in my possession. It makes no sense right? :eek:

It makes PERFECT sense. :D

Yeah, right! "I can stop buying ukes any time I choose." We've all said that.

See you at the meetings.

Ukantor.

There is no cure.

You're just in remission. Enjoy it while it lasts.:D

Consider yourself blessed!

More power to ya...! I feel I may have put UAS behind me too. I just keep playing them and the more their played, the more I start to really value the ukes I already have.

if you want to regain your UAS, go to a ukulele festival where vendors are set up and you can try hundreds of ukes....

it'll come back

can't find a uke you want to aquire??
That's a sign......a sign that its time to start building them!

Top Bottom