NUD: Pete Howlett tenor ...

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Yep, I got it. One of my pals at the local uke jam purchased this one a couple of months ago, brought it to a jam, and let me borrow it for a few songs. :drool:

He buys and sells instruments constantly, and had recently received a custom made uke from his wife when they were honeymooning in Hawaii. He decided to sell the Howlett but contacted me first to check my interest. Well ... DUH!

<total revealing moment>It has Aqulia strings with a wound low G. I'm not wild about them. Don't like the wound string. So I'm switching to D'Addario nylons for now. If those don't work, I'll go either with Worths or Living Waters or ... fishing line.</total revealing moment>

I do plan to post an entry for the Seasons before switching strings. Photos below! :shaka:

pete-howlett1.jpghowlett-back.jpghowlett-leftside.jpghowlett-rightside.jpghowlett-logo.jpg

Well, that's damn pretty!

Congrats on the new Howlett. Now where is that sound sample? :)

Thanks, all! I recorded this one for the current Season of the Ukulele with the help of my cat Freddy. I'm going to swap the strings now.

That's a very nice looking and sounding uke! Looks like Freddy wants to play too :music:

I've always admired Pete's work (from afar).

Given his circumstances, that's likely to become a collector's item.

Thanks for sharing this special instrument with us. :)

That's a very nice looking and sounding uke! Looks like Freddy wants to play too :music:

I've always admired Pete's work (from afar).

Given his circumstances, that's likely to become a collector's item.

Thanks for sharing this special instrument with us. :)

Booli, thanks. I'll try to share something a little more, er, musical once the new strings settle.

Thanks for the song. Both you and your new Pete Howlett tenor sound great!

Top Bottom