Knocking On Heavens Door by Bob Dylan

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
hey guys

this is my attempt at a bob dylan cover on ukulele with a little harp. i am still new at all this.. and i want to start posting more covers and see if i keep getting better. it is always nice to hear from you guys when i post a video.. this is a one take wonder that i used imove and garageband on.. only took about 30 min to make.. and words would be nice! i plan on posing at least one or two one take wonders a week.. and i would also like to post more crazy produced videos soon.. that will happen in JUNE when i am off work of the summer.. i am a teacher!

so hit my site and let me know what you think.. also subscribe if you would.. not like i want "fans" just friends! and that way you can keep giving me all kinds of advice!

here is the song..

Knocking On Heavens Door by Bob Dylan (cover) dominicFOUNDtheMoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykTrmLyO_24

While I wait for the video to be made available, I'll take the opportunity to let you know that this should go in Videos & Links, not UU Video Discussion. :cool:

While I wait for the video to be made available, I'll take the opportunity to let you know that this should go in Videos & Links, not UU Video Discussion. :cool:

Sorry.. Thanks for the tip.. I will be sure to post it there next time! Still new! I get confused.. terms like "bumping" and "flaming" and this and that.. but I will get the hang soon!

"i want to have more courage and post more and more stuff to get feed back and have fun!"

Do you think it's harder playing an open mic or posting on YT?

well it just depends... its odd.. at open mic.. i do one take.. and that is all you get.. you also don't have to watch yourself! so with my videos... i tend to make them.. and then think "wow that sucks" and i don't post them!! and i want to just have more courage to post the videos i make even if i think they suck! right now i have 3 or 4 songs i do on ukulele i have been wanting to post on youtube.. but just have not..

also... the open mics i go to here in the city i kind of host... and even if i am not the host there seems to be the same click of people that attend them.. and i have made them all my good friends.. for the past 3 years it seems that the majority of friends in my life have come form open mic..

when i play an open mic that is out of my click.. it is rare.. and i do get nervous.

The Crave / Javanaut: Is a small coffee house open mic where most of my friends play. You might have 5-15 people watching you on any given night. In the spring when we do it outside you might have 10-20 people.. once again.. you know most of them!

The Coffee Break: A larger coffee house with an older crowd, and you might have 5-30 people watching depending on the night. a lot of them are part of the Kasnas City Song Writers Circle and they are so nice to come, and be supportive whiles others play!

All Souls Coffee House: a small church that has a little room in it they call a coffee house. some serious old time pickers come to this one. i always take my 1949 martin. they seem to pay more attention to that that me! but they are super nice

The Jazz House: (lawrence ks.) this one was harder for me as it was up on a stage in a bar with stage lights. i never know that many people, and can never tell if i sound or look right.. i am not used to a stage! i have only been like 4 times

And then there are some events that look like open mics but are not.. they are just like 3-5 people doing a small show. i posted some videos from one of these.. once again.. lots of friends!

youtube is the whole world! and well.. i am not sure if this was an answer! well i guess it was.. but not a clear one..

i just want to make more videos! so i am going to do it!

Great sound! Nice song!

@Deach: For me it's harder to play an open mic.

thank you.. i have been workig on getting better with garage band!

d

Top Bottom