Info for this Flea Soprano

jimijUKEbox

Reaction score
So, I bought this Flea Soprano earlier today on ebay... hastily. I've always wanted to try a flea and a uke that has a pickup. Well, this one had both. Looking back, I should have gotten more information about it. I feel a little stupid if I ask the seller questions AFTER buying the item. I'll probably ask him tomorrow but for now I'm hoping you guys can help me out and give me a heads up.

Does this Flea have an active or passive pick-up? I'm assuming it's active because of the battery in the back. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Any chance you can tell what kind of pickup it has? Are they any good?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Monitor_032009_8463_jl.JPG
    Monitor_032009_8463_jl.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Monitor_032009_8466_jl.JPG
    Monitor_032009_8466_jl.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 38
That's the B Band UST active pick-up. I haven't tried them, but I hear they're great.

Please let us know how she sounds, planning on getting a Flea in the future.

No need to second guess yourself, because you'll love your flea. Yes, it's an active pickup.

Thanks for the response!

I did see the pickup for $165 as an option on the website. I wasn't really sure at first because the amount I paid for the whole thing was around that price range. I may have actually gotten a good deal then. Booyeah!!
Man, now I'm thinking this thing's a little way over my head as I'm pretty much a beginner. Hopefully I'll grow into it.

Next stop, a mini amp... maybe a cheap Honeytone for now.

Top Bottom