First song you ever played on an ukulele?

I played Bob Marley's "waiting in vain" ...2 chords for the most part. then 4 more for the bridge. super simple, but beautiful.

Social Distortion's super easy "Ball and Chain"...three cords in the same order for the whole song! It's a great warmup tune. C G F...C G F...C G F.

ironically...

HONEY BABY

hahaha go figure.

all the san diego peeps that were at the bonfire are now smacking their foreheads and saying "that's why!" haha

Haha same for me, I was kina learning this and You Don't Miss Your Water around the same time.

First song I ever attempted on the ukulele was Soon Forget by Pearl Jam.

The first song i learned was honey baby. But i only learned the chords to it, the first whole song i learned was a jack johnson song, "Breakdown".

Howlie Boy:cool:

I think the first song I learned was brown eyed girl from the crater boys, but only the chords. To this day, I still can never get the solo. Then again, I gave up a long time ago. Damn, Troy...makes it sound so good and slow at first, then he goes buck wild, and then you want to throw your uke at the wall because you get so frustrated.

my first song was Surf. i always watched my sister playing her uke and i decided to give it a try one time back in elementary. and when people ask me to teach them a song, i either teach them Surf or Drop Baby Drop. can't go wrong with the classics

Top Bottom