Best Song in C by a UU Member

Gary Jugert

Reaction score
Hey dudes ... I'm undertaking a project to create some short videos related to music theory and composition specifically for the ukulele. I want to use one of YOUR original songs as the example of a tune written in C major. I'd like for you to nominate a song that uses only C, F, and G chords that is on YouTube right now. (Please nominate yourself if you have a good one.) It will be used as the example for how to write a basic three-chord song in C major. Thanks for your help.

The song doesn't necessarily have to be written in C, does it? Any three-chord (I-IV-V) song could work if you transposed it, right?

JJ

Last edited:
Yup!

JJ ... you've already moved onto the SECOND video! Yes, anything can be transposed into the correct key, and that's my second video.

SailQuest already sees me at work: For the preliminary video, the posted song has to actually be written and performed in C major so viewers can follow along and be dazzled by the composer's brilliance.

RussBuss's song is awesome, but a wee-bit more advanced than I was hoping to find. Anybody got a song they've written and videotaped with ONLY C, F, and G? (I could live with an Am tossed into the mix.)

SailQuest already sees me at work: For the preliminary video, the posted song has to actually be written and performed in C major so viewers can follow along and be dazzled by the composer's brilliance.

Ah! Got it. Thought you were just going to show them the song in your vid. Didn't know you intended for them to play along with the original vid. My bad.

JJ

Top Bottom