PDA

View Full Version : Im so happy I broke a string

generem
03-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Woohoo. I was annoying my wife last night by doing finger exercises for hours thru out the day when... POP... My A string broke. I should be pissed off cuz I have to buy new strings but I feel like. wow. I actually broke a string??? HOW COOL IS THAT...

I know its probably lame to you guys but I had to share my excitement

Ahnko Honu
03-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I was happy when I broke my GHS strings on my MELE Pineapple because I'm much too frugal otherwise, but had a set of Aquilas already waiting, and the Aquilas really brought out the best from my MELE. :D

UKISOCIETY
03-23-2009, 07:54 AM
I was happy when I broke my GHS strings on my MELE Pineapple because I'm much too frugal otherwise, but had a set of Aquilas already waiting, and the Aquilas really brought out the best from my MELE. :D

I enjoy trying out different strings on my ukes, so a broken string is always a cause to celebrate.

..unless I don't have any strings in stock at the time!:o

Captain Google
03-23-2009, 08:21 AM
I enjoy trying out different strings on my ukes, so a broken string is always a cause to celebrate.

..unless I don't have any strings in stock at the time!:o

Well, that's what backup ukes are for: playing while you wait for new strings to arrive.

lacerveza
03-23-2009, 08:22 AM
yeah i'm too frugal too, my strings on one of my guitars are nearly two years old and the intonation is knackered but it's alright for playing slide, i just ain't got the heart to change them they are developing sentimental value

generem
03-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Well, that's what backup ukes are for: playing while you wait for new strings to arrive.

Yea... Im just gonna have to keep playing the Kamaka :D till I get strings for Lehua again... Darn...

haole
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
The G string on my baritone broke by itself overnight last week, and I didn't have any spares. So it was a good excuse for me to order some Ko'olau Golds from MGM and give them a shot. I don't even remember the last time I restrung that thing or what kind of strings I used, so it was about time.
The Golds sound awesome.