WTB: solid wood concert Uke. Maybe pono?

gustophersmob

Reaction score
Howdy!

I've been playing guitar and bass (and dabbled in mandolin) for almost 25 years. Back in July, I got my toddler a Kala KA-15s Uke to play with. Of course, I had to play it too, and I've really come to enjoy it. I've read comments here where people say playing a guitar feels like wrestling a piece of furniture, and after playing the Uke a couple of months, I can see why!

Anyway, I'm ready to move up to a bit nicer Uke, as I think my playing is advancing enough to warrant it. I would like something with all solid wood, and ideally less than $250. I know that severely limits the options, but I have seen some of the acacia concert ponos go for that here.

I have actually tried a mainland concert, and was not impressed as it seemed overly built and I did not like the neck shape.

So, anyone have a solid wood concert Uke for under $250 (if I can get a HSC too, that would be amazing)?

Thanks!

How about an Eastman EUC-3 with HSC for $275 shipped?

How about an Eastman EUC-3 with HSC for $275 shipped?

Thanks for the reply! I'm not familiar with that brand, so I need to do some homework. From a quick google search they look a lot like a Martin. Any thoughts on yours? Any pics?

Thanks!

Got a deal in works with 39ford. Thanks for looking!

Check out the Kala solid cedar top, acacia body with paduk binding, my tenor is excellent.

i have a Pono AC solid wood with hard shell case. It is 3 monts old and is like new. shoot me a pm if interested.

Top Bottom