Some new strings out, Pepe Romero strings.

hammer40

Reaction score
Last edited:
Anyone have the specs on the High G tenor version of these strings?

Anyone have the specs on the High G tenor version of these strings?

Approximate diameters (by my digital caliper) are, .024/G .0315/C .0265/E .024/A

A very nice set, warm, round, with nice clarity and sustain.

Hey Hammer. Thanks for the heads-up. You seem to know what's going on. Do you know if the low G string in the soprano/concert set is the same as that in the tenor set?

Hey Hammer. Thanks for the heads-up. You seem to know what's going on. Do you know if the low G string in the soprano/concert set is the same as that in the tenor set?

Sorry, I don't have that info. I know the wound strings are made by LaBella for him, and are a smooth wound bronze wrapped string. HMS has them in stock, so maybe give them a call, they should be able to tell you.

Approximate diameters (by my digital caliper) are, .024/G .0315/C .0265/E .024/A

A very nice set, warm, round, with nice clarity and sustain.

Thanks much. Very similar to Fremont Black Lines and Worth Browns. I'm surprised. I would have thought they would be thicker, and am glad they are not.

Is the Log G the only one made by LaBella or are all 4 strings made by them?

Thanks much. Very similar to Fremont Black Lines and Worth Browns. I'm surprised. I would have thought they would be thicker, and am glad they are not.

Is the Log G the only one made by LaBella or are all 4 strings made by them?

Just the low g, the carbon are sourced from Japan.

Top Bottom