Does Fremont string have a website?

hammer40

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Fremont string has an actual website? I have searched the web and can not find anything other than a couple of string sites that sell the the strings. It just seemed odd that there is no actual manufacturer website where you could get any info you may be looking for pertaining to their strings or other offerings.

I use and like there black line strings, and was just trying to get some other information about their product(s) that the sellers out there could not answer.

The Takumi site shows the Fremont Soloist Low G as being "made in the USA". All the other Fremont strings are "made in Japan." Who makes them in the USA?

BUMP. Perhaps there is more information now?

Like the OP I’ve wondered about this too and Lucy’s (who sell Fremont stuff) don’t have a web site either. Seems strange to me, though I can understand a company wanting to control its presence on the web.

The Fremont district is located just north of the city across a cool, funky little bridge and is the home to Dusty Strings -- a great musical instrument store that is really worth visiting if you come to Seattle. It wouldn't surprise me that the distributor would be located in this specific area.

BUMP. Perhaps there is more information now?

Like the OP I’ve wondered about this too and Lucy’s (who sell Fremont stuff) don’t have a web site either. Seems strange to me, though I can understand a company wanting to control its presence on the web.

For what it’s worth Lucy’s don’t give out their physical address, well nowhere that I can find. Since my earlier post the best I’ve managed to do is track them to the Des Moines area (as listed on Reverb) which is on the South side of Seattle. I now have a Zip / Post Code and a PO Box Number too (from an order) but as they appear to want to control access to them I’ll respect that privacy (by not giving those additional details).

I’m inclined to think that Lucy’s are in some way linked to the wholesale side of the Fremont brand, I can understand a wholesaler wanting tight control of their interaction with the public. Perhaps some large retailer might have more information on that, I’d be pleased if they shared it but understand that it might not be for public knowledge.

Last edited:
If anyone would know it would be Andrew at HMS. He not only sells Fremont strings he uses their Low G soloist in his Koolau florocarbon string set he has developed and is selling. Great string set by the way, I've used them on three different ukes.

I tried a few years ago to track down an address or website as well. I get them through HMS. I'm in Hawaii right now visiting in laws and stocked up. The north shore store only had 4 sets of the high g for tenor. After buying them I headed to the new store in Honolulu and bought 5 more. Heading back to Connecticut tomorrow.
We got out to hear Led Kaapana play twice. My wife and I went with UU member MMStan. Had a great time both nights. Loads of people sat in. Led is a man who really loves to play, he's amazing. He's also a great guy.

Does anyone know if Fremont string has an actual website? I have searched the web and can not find anything other than a couple of string sites that sell the the strings. It just seemed odd that there is no actual manufacturer website where you could get any info you may be looking for pertaining to their strings or other offerings.

I use and like there black line strings, and was just trying to get some other information about their product(s) that the sellers out there could not answer.

Hi Hammer.

Go to the accessories page of takumiukulele.com.

Takumi Ukulele is the distribution coordination arm of a long time Japanese manufacturer of premium ukuleles.

Fremont is a trendy neighbourhood of Seattle.

Fremont is their brand name for various accessories needed by dealers: strings, tuners, cases, hangers etc.

Fremont Musical Products is a 'neutral' name that facilitates selling strings etc to dealers who don't stock their premium ukuleles.

There are pages for Fremont carbon strings. The packets say 'Seattle, Washington' and 'Made in Japan'.

Japan and Iberia are locations for the major producers of fluorocarbon fishing line which is the base technology for carbon strings.

Fremont soloists could be sourced from any of the guitar string makers USA.

Lucy's (think friendly face) is the brand name for some fun kid stuff: coloured strings, coloured tuning pegs.

Their 'Famous' brand of leather picks are nicer than felt or plastic picks.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Hammer.

Go to the accessories page of takumiukulele.com.

Takumi Ukulele is the distribution coordination arm of a long time Japanese manufacturer of premium ukuleles.

Fremont is a trendy neighbourhood of Seattle.

Fremont is their brand name for various accessories needed by dealers: strings, tuners, cases, hangers etc.

Fremont Musical Products is a 'neutral' name that facilitates selling strings etc to dealers who don't stock their premium ukuleles.

There are pages for Fremont carbon strings. The packets say 'Seattle, Washington' and 'Made in Japan'.

Japan and Iberia are locations for the major producers of fluorocarbon fishing line which is the base technology for carbon strings.

Fremont soloists could be sourced from any of the guitar string makers USA.

Lucy's (think friendly face) is the brand name for some fun kid stuff: coloured strings, coloured tuning pegs.

Their 'Famous' brand of leather picks are nicer than felt or plastic picks.

Cheers.

I went to the Takumiukulele website. To contact them you can call a Des Moines (Seattle) telephone number (Google can lead you to some very clever sites that check these things for you). Lucy’s retailers (working out of Des Moines too), Lucy’s brand and Fremont brand being part of Takumi seems a logical proposition to me.

A range of accessories are sold by Takumi. My best guess is that none are actually made within Takumi premises, some (like strings) are made to specific Takumi specifications and some are products (like tuners), made by others, that could have any brand name added to them.

Edit. Web site link: https://takumiukulele.com/product_cat/strings-and-pegs/

Last edited:
Top Bottom