Anniversary video for the wife

aggie182

Reaction score
Anniversary is coming up and I made her these slideshow/video things for the last 2 anniversaries so I figured I'd do another one. This time, I recorded the music myself. I bought my 1st ukulele 3 1/2 weeks ago and used that for the music. I have played guitar, bass, drums and a few other random instruments many years, but never touched a ukulele until a co-worker bought one about a month ago and I got uke envy and bought one. I have since ordered another, doh.

The uke is a Kala KA-C (from MGM via ebay), mic is one of my overheads from my drum mics, Audix F15, and I just laid it on the desk. I recorded it through a Firepod and in to Cubase SE which is on my PC. The quality of the recording is ok, not great, but it works. In hindsight, I should have used my condenser mic, but I haven't unpacked all my music schtuff yet (from our move 6 months ago) so I couldn't find it right away. It is recorded in 2 takes, so it is admittedly sloppy. Give me some feedback if you can whether it's good, bad, indifferent, or whatever. I will probably work with this song some more and polish it up, maybe add some cajon to it and maybe some other random percussion.

Ok, enough babbling, here it is:

http://www.randomaaron.com/aaron/3.wmv

I only used pics from the last year, which include (sort of in order):
Alaska (the humping pic was a surprise to her) - June 08
Niece's baptism in Florida (the kiddo isn't ours, it's my sis') - Aug 08
Texas A&M game - Oct 08
Sister/Niece visit in - Oct 08
Vegas/Hoover Dam - Mar 09
Houston Rodeo - Mar 09

Top Bottom