Spring Has Sprung!

ritzer012

UU+
Reaction score
The weather is getting nicer and nicer everyday and I can't help but look forward to summer! My first summer that I can actually play a real song on the uke and I can't wait to bring my uke to bbqs and vacation and everything that summer brings. SO, my question...

What are some prototypical "summer songs" that are a must for the season? I already have Brown Eyed Girl, Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise down. Anything other ideas? What are your summer songs?

...fall has fell. Now it's summer and hotter than hell! Sorry, couldn't resist. I too am enjoying this nice shift in weather here in So. Cal.

Jingle Bells for sure.

No, but really, Island In The Sun by Weezer is totally a Summer song.

Apparently, if you play a Winter song during a hot Summer day, it will make the weather feel colder.

Ka'au Crater Boys' "Surf", and "Opihi Man". ;)

I might have to work out a baritone ukulele version of Rocky Mountain High... just to do it.

Summer songs... well, you mentioned Margaritaville (a classic). I always enjoy tunes with a lot of great vocals, but if you are the sole entertainer, then try working out some excellent finger-picking and vocal numbers like "Dust In the Wind" (Kansas). It is easy to play in "C" on standard tuning or "G" on a baritone. The intro on the song sounds really great on the baritone... sweet and mellow.

For the bbq - "Light My Fire" & "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".

Or "Up A Lazy River", "Goin' To Kansas City" (simple blues sequence), or I like Yellow Bird". It has that laid-back, exotic, warm feeling.

Or any of the numerous standards that use the sequence C;E7;A7;D7;G7;C - "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone", etc. etc. etc. Not specifically summery, but dead easy to remember, and lots of folk know them.:eek:ld:

Ukantor.

Edit: Hey Wannabe, I see you live in Belgium. Anywhere near Bruges? I saw a film about Bruges - it looks like a----------------------------nice place.

Last edited:
For the bbq - "Light My Fire" & "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes".

Or "Up A Lazy River", "Goin' To Kansas City" (simple blues sequence), or I like Yellow Bird". It has that laid-back, exotic, warm feeling.

Or any of the numerous standards that use the sequence C;E7;A7;D7;G7;C - "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone", etc. etc. etc. Not specifically summery, but dead easy to remember, and lots of folk know them.:eek:ld:

Ukantor.

Edit: Hey Wannabe, I see you live in Belgium. Anywhere near Bruges? I saw a film about Bruges - it looks like a----------------------------nice place.
What do you call close, in Belgium everything is close
I guess if I play my uke too loud they'll hear it in Bruges...
No, not really close. But I've been there a few times, it's a nice city, I guess.
I've seen the movie too. I don't think they are that positive about Bruges -and Belgium in general- in the movie.
We are a boring country, but we do have great beer and chocolate :rolleyes:

Jack Johnson songs (Upside down, Banana Pancakes, etc.)
And definitely Island in the Sun

A must to wooo the ladies is..........

summer time anthem by Mr. Capone-e

its fun to play

Top Bottom