Getting Ukulelezaza's Tab Book 2 before Book 1?

Ukettante

Reaction score
Made up my mind to get, and get the most out of, Ukulelezaza's tab book 1, after reading all the glowing reviews online. But it seems to be out of stock on Etsy. To the members who have both vol. 1 and 2, is it alright to start with 2 first? The level of difficulty is the same in both books?

Yes, both books can be used randomly, #2 isn't harder than #1, just different. #2 has a bit more Bill Monroe (1960s-1970s) in it, and thus carries the subtitle '16 songs from yesteryear', while #1 more strictly is '16 tunes from the golden jazz age'. But once you play them, it's hard to say which tune belongs in which book. #1 has info on Martin and National ukuleles, #2 on Knutsen, Hollywood and Ludwig (banjo) ukuleles.

Oh, and #1 is still for sale, although you have to look for remaining stocks, like here: http://www.mercatinodellukulele.it/...itstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category

Yes, both books can be used randomly, #2 isn't harder than #1, just different. #2 has a bit more Bill Monroe (1960s-1970s) in it, and thus carries the subtitle '16 songs from yesteryear', while #1 more strictly is '16 tunes from the golden jazz age'. But once you play them, it's hard to say which tune belongs in which book. #1 has info on Martin and National ukuleles, #2 on Knutsen, Hollywood and Ludwig (banjo) ukuleles.

Oh, and #1 is still for sale, although you have to look for remaining stocks, like here: http://www.mercatinodellukulele.it/...itstart=0&option=com_virtuemart&view=category

This appears to be an old link. A current site search reveals only Vol 1.

I agree. Same level of difficulty. Both are great. I contacted Remco directly. PM me if you want the email address I used.

Brimmer,

I just PMed you for Zaza's e-mail address. But what I don't get is, why don't people just contact him through this forum? Isn't he a member? Or he seldom checks in?

Ive contacted him through this forum in te past.

Might as well get both books while you're ordering. They are great. I like that Remco has his YouTube channel where he plays many of the songs in the books, so I can see and hear what I'm shooting for (in my next life).

I placed an order through his Etsy account. It was scheduled to ship on September 25. According to the Etsy site, it has not shipped and my attempts to find out what is going on have gone unanswered.

Top Bottom