Thanks Jake. hehee

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
I expect all our UU Australia members that go to his show to tell him that they are part of the Ukulele Underground. hehe. He does know about this site.

Rayan, too bad he wasn't more specific like "ukuleleunderground.com". Unfortunately, the term "Underground" is a generic term for a movement that is outside the main population's attention. It probably went over the average readers radar...e.lo...

aha! that's awesome. Is Jake a member here?
it hasnt been confirmed, but there was a certain entity that was brought up, but not specified, whose management has not allowed him to log in as a member for obvious business related reasons. the speculation is that it is the said ukulele player in question.

hope that was clear enough. haha

whose management has not allowed him to log in as a member for obvious business related reasons.

Those reasons aren't at all obvious to me. It seems to me like interacting with fans and potential fans would be very good for business.

Those reasons aren't at all obvious to me. It seems to me like interacting with fans and potential fans would be very good for business.

It was related to promotional deals that were already in place.... whoever that guy Nuke is talking about...

Anyways, I was just partly joking about him mentioning the ukulele underground, but he does know about this site. Aldrine and I were telling him about it the last time he was back in Hawaii. We usually all try to get together whenever he's back. If you were to go up to him and say, "I'm part of the ukulele underground, and I know Aldrine and Rayan" He would know what you were talking about.

OK...time to fess up....I am Jake Shimabukuro. I just chose UKESTAR so nobody would know it's me....haha. Not really......but that would be funny. Is Jake part of UU under some other name?? He is probably like one of the most active members...haha.:D

it can make or break you. for him to be part of this community, it would be like an endorsement in a way. people would be like "hey jake goes to that website so it must be cool" and then one bad seed could make the experience horrible for others and turn the response into "yeah, but there are some people on there that are total a-holes. why would jake want to associate with people like that?"

if i were his manager, i would probably do the same thing. just to stay safe. but if i were jake, i would probably sign on, and not reveal my true identity. id be like batman. hahaha

It was related to promotional deals that were already in place.... whoever that guy Nuke is talking about...
Anyways, I was just partly joking about him mentioning the ukulele underground, but he does know about this site. Aldrine and I were telling him about it the last time he was back in Hawaii. We usually all try to get together whenever he's back. If you were to go up to him and say, "I'm part of the ukulele underground, and I know Aldrine and Rayan" He would know what you were talking about.
matter of fact, i did do that when i met him at anthology. and he did know what i was talking about.

OK...time to fess up....I am Jake Shimabukuro. I just chose UKESTAR so nobody would know it's me....haha. Not really......but that would be funny. Is Jake part of UU under some other name?? He is probably like one of the most active members...haha.:D
how can that be, when I AM the real Jake Shimabukuro. the guy you see is just a stand in. a stunt double if you will. the marketing agents said i was too fat and didnt display the right image, so they got that guy to uke-sync over my music. :eek:;)

in the show up at bremerton, jake always tried to tell the audience that he's not much of a computer person, i think he repeated it like 10 times within 2 hours. So i dont think he'd be here quite often if it is true. though i do wish he messaged some people back on his myspace.:D

in the show up at bremerton, jake always tried to tell the audience that he's not much of a computer person, i think he repeated it like 10 times within 2 hours. So i dont think he'd be here quite often if it is true. though i do wish he messaged some people back on his myspace.:D
Junkie, This is just another clever smoke screen from the Jake poser dude!...The real Jake loves computers and the UU site is his favorite and only uke stop on the web. And yes, I can confirm Ukestar is indeed the real Jake. It's so obvious, check out the name "Ukestar" Duh, who else could it be? Why can't you guys see through this?.......e.lo.....

To make it a little clearer...

By joining a certain site, or being active, you're endorsing it in a certain way. If you are already in contract with someone or another website; to endorse somewhere else is a total no no.

SO this ukulele player that we had in mind... didn't want to risk being sued hahaha. I don't think anyone an blame anybody. He's a super cool guy and so is his manager. It's just.... business is business.

if he is here, i wouldn't think he have any time at all to log in here, he seems like a buzy guy

if jake was on this site, itd be the new myspace. and people would ask for tabs nonstop.

but it would be nice to have Jake on here.

Top Bottom