Good Ukulele Themed Dog Name

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
Hey everyone in a few months i plan to get a dog (changing apartments in August purely for that reason) so my question for you What would be a good Ukulele Themed dog name or some Hawaiian based names if you know the meaning please include it! thanks
alex

Oh and it will likely be a collie unless i check the shelters (fairly limited around here) and find a puppy i'd like (i want to start my first real dog off from a pup!)

Flea? You could teach him to jump. Maybe not so good for a dog's name though. :p

How about just "My Dog"?

Especially if you're a bit lax with your flea control. :D

Other uke-ish possibilities:

Bari
Mele ("song")
Koa (it's a ukulele wood, but it also means "warrior"... I think)
Smeck
Formby
Deach

JJ

P.S. And not that you asked, but I say go for the shelter dog! How can you say no to these little fellas (Marion Regional Humane Society), or these guys (Humane Society of Southern Illinois)?

Last edited:
Don't call it Uke. I'm told that means something else in Hawaiian.

Ukantor.

Smeck or Roy.

I'd suggest Izzy, but I don't think its a good collie name.
And someone mentioned shelters. All those poor little bitches and bastards nobody wants. Makes me sad to think about it:(.

look at brands, Kala, Mele, numerous others...

might be a bit goofy and looked down on but how about Iz?

idk just throwing ideas out.

Don't call it Uke. I'm told that means something else in Hawaiian.
It means something else in Japan, depending on how you pronounce it, but I don't think it means something else in Hawaiian.

If it's going to be an awesome dog, you should name it Dominator. Whether it's male or female is irrelevant (after all, naming your dog Dominatrix is just weird :eek: ).

How about just "My Dog"?

Especially if you're a bit lax with your flea control. :D

Other uke-ish possibilities:

Bari
Mele ("song")
Koa (it's a ukulele wood, but it also means "warrior"... I think)
Smeck
Formby
Deach

JJ

P.S. And not that you asked, but I say go for the shelter dog! How can you say no to these little fellas (Marion Regional Humane Society), or these guys (Humane Society of Southern Illinois)?
i had to do a double take on the post, i was like. "did it say Deach?"

Aquila (strings)
Mango
name it after a song? o_0

as for me...
I couldn't think of a name so i named by dog Bunny. lol :biglaugh:

I can't have a dog where I live... but when we move, hopefully we can get a dog. I want to go get a small dog (maybe a chihuahua mix) and name it Danger.

Not uke themed, but eh.

you should call him "Tuner", or "Lele".

my favorites so far

From ukulele underground:
Flea
Mele
Koa*** nice name
Formby
Deach hahaha oh lord...it would look all its hair and have supple teats
Iz
Fluke
Kamaka
Lele

My other list:
Stag (mmm beer)
Haole
Henson (as in jim)
Muppet
Marmot
otter (played out)
bear
griz
Kevin
meatball
odin
thor
bjorn
baron
Sqweezle (from a anthony bourbain episode where he asked what mystery meat they were eating the jungles of vietnam to which the guide replied i think in english you say "sqweezle" it was porcupine

Jake. I always wanted a dog named Jake. It might fit a lab better...but it still works.

Top Bottom