Interesting youtube poster

whistleman123

Reaction score
Has anyone else been impressed with youtube artist higetomoguitar? This cat really burns it up on a vintage Martin soprano. Is he a member here on UU?

Is he an exception, or are there other artists playing and improvising hot jazz on soprano ukes. So far the only ones I've come across are Steven Strauss on his soprano Risa stick and this gentleman on a vintage Martin S1.

I couldn't find any ukulele videos by him. Do you have a link?

Very smooth! Be nice to know what the headless player looks like and who he is in real life!

Yeah. That's a real musician.

Very smooth! Be nice to know what the headless player looks like and who he is in real life!

I think its awesome we can see his hands perfectly. You can see what he looked/looks like if you look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2vgb1fJfB4

Yeah. That's a real musician.

As opposed to a fake one? ;)

Interesting he plays with that long thumbnail like a pick. As as old keyboardist I was taught to wear my nails short, if you press your fingertips on the table top your nails shouldnt hit. This all went well with tattooing and wearing gloves. Trying to grow my nails even a slight bit long on my right hand for the last year has proven to be a failure. After wearing them so short so long they ache as soon as there is much nail grown and get clipped short soon after growing a bit.

BTW: If you search ukulele solo or solo ukulele you should find more of this style of playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom