Antonio Carvalho 2090 or Ohana sk25?

lacerveza

Reaction score
does anyone know which of these is better,Antonio Carvalho 2090 or Ohana sk25? i want to buy a soprano this week and these are both in my price range, and also as an after thought does anyone know if them cherub clip on pick ups are any good i know they are cheap, cheers.

Antonio Carvalho sound too good to be true. Never played one but going with the Ohana would be the safe choice. Ohanas are verrry nice.

i know what you mean the antonio carvalho do sound a bit too good to be true for the price.

Antonio Pinto Carvalho apc-instruments

I have a Carvalho instrument. It's beautiful and it comes from the home of the original Madeiran Braguinha that is Braga in Minho provence North Portugal. It is a piece of Ukulele history an instrument for small gatherings and street music. Oh! and it sounds so good with a nice set of Aquila concert strings in low G. I'm really really happy with it.

i've heard a lot of good things about the ohana and others on here seem to reaffirm what i've read. i bought a clip on tuner by cherub last week and it's pretty good (for fine tuning), doesn't seem like bad quality for the price so maybe the pick up will reflect that too.

Those Antonio Carvalho ukuleles look alot like Cordobas (I have a concert Koa from them). Since both are made in Portugal I wouldn't be surprised if its the same manufacturer, just rebranded by different companies.

Also, I just ordered one of those Cherub pickups that clips into the sound hole. I'll knock out a review, and make a video comparing it to my K&K Big Sound Piezo that I've got on my flea. :shaka:

I do believe you're right. The Cordoba soprano is identical to the Carvalho I have the shape of the head is the give away. It must be branding for either side of the Atlantic wonderful strip of water. Everything is the same on both sides but has got a different name. Cheers.

Top Bottom