Strings for Lyle Ritz tuning

earljam

Reaction score
I bought jumpin Jim's book of classic tunes by Lyle Ritz which contains high and low parts. Apparently Lyle plays the low parts on a Gibson tenor tuned dGBE. I have a Gibson tenor and wonder if anyone here knows where to find strings for this baritone tuning on a tenor scale?

Craig Chee has that set, which we call the Bari-Tenor tuning (CU-BTR) and is made of rectified nylon and a wound silvered copper string.

If you fancy making a set from available nylon gauges, they are listed here - .032 .040 .028w .032

Craig Chee has that set, which we call the Bari-Tenor tuning (CU-BTR) and is made of rectified nylon and a wound silvered copper string.

If you fancy making a set from available nylon gauges, they are listed here - .032 .040 .028w .032

Thanks for the help! Have you heard them?

Thanks for the help! Have you heard them?

I helped design that set with Craig so yes, I've heard them. They sound great, and if you listen to Craig and Sarah's new album, SCENE 1 TAKE 1, you can hear how that tuning works in their duo setting.

I helped design that set with Craig so yes, I've heard them. They sound great, and if you listen to Craig and Sarah's new album, SCENE 1 TAKE 1, you can hear how that tuning works in their duo setting.

Recommend a source?

Recommend a source?

For purchasing? You can buy them direct from Craig and Sarah, [video]http://www.theukulelesite.com/ghs-artist-curated-craig-chee-cu-btr.html[/video], or any place that carries GHS Strings (although you'll probably have to special order them).

Here's a video of them talking about their strings. Craig talks about the bari-tenor set around the 2:40 mark and then they put them together.

For purchasing? You can buy them direct from Craig and Sarah, [video]http://www.theukulelesite.com/ghs-artist-curated-craig-chee-cu-btr.html[/video], or any place that carries GHS Strings (although you'll probably have to special order them).

Here's a video of them talking about their strings. Craig talks about the bari-tenor set around the 2:40 mark and then they put them together.

Thanks a million, One Bad, very helpful. Looking forward to putting these on my TU-1 and sounding just like Lyle Ritz... ;)

Do you know if they'd have a hard case for a Gibson tenor too?

Top Bottom