FS: Two concert ukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

provines

Reaction score
Hey gang, I still can't believe it but my new boss let me go yesterday. 25 years of service...gone.

So, I've got to raise some capital fast. Two Ukes for sale:

The uke has been sold to an amazing guy with a heart of gold.

1st is the best Uke I've ever played. Made by the Quitta group in Mexico. Look them up on Facebook. They make amazing instruments. It has a Spanish heel inside. Pretty cool. I want $500 but I'm desperate so send me an offer via a PM.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Still for sale: Uke #2 is that mystery Odin Uke I just picked up. I bought it without the case for $300 so I'll ask that and toss in the case. It is obviously a Uke made by a good luthier but it isn't finished as fine as the first Uke. The true color is more of a turquoise but the photos come out really blue. The stain looks ok but isn't as homogeneous as it looks in the photos. The pickup works great but I always run one through my preamp pedal first. It sounds really good. I just put new strings on it.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry about your job. What a terrible thing for a boss to do. Here's hoping you find something better soon.

So sorry about your job! I hope you find something soon, and your ukes get sold fast.

Sometimes the business world just sucks. A friend of my husband's was just let go last week. He had moved out of state a couple of months ago with his wife and 3 kids--one of them with special needs--just so he could take the job. They said they had too many people in his position. They couldn't have figured it out before they posted the job?!

I'm sorry to hear about your job! Those are beautiful ukes. I hope they sell quickly for you. Good luck with the job hunt.

Can you provide more information about these ukes, like the materials they are made from? I have never heard of the Quitta brand, but its looks interesting. Any sound clips? I did not find anything when I searched Goggle and I don't have a facebook account.

Real sorry about you losing your job and I hope things work out for you real soon.

John

I'm so sorry to hear about the unexpected job loss. I hope this turns into an unexpected and exciting new chapter for you, that you land quickly, and that your ukes sell swiftly and smoothly.

Can you provide more information about these ukes, like the materials they are made from? I have never heard of the Quitta brand, but its looks interesting. Any sound clips? I did not find anything when I searched Goggle and I don't have a facebook account.

Real sorry about you losing your job and I hope things work out for you real soon.

John

The body's back and sides are solid quilted maple stained a blue-ish turquoise. The top is solid spruce. The neck.... I'm not sure. I doubt there is another one like it.

sorry about your job, wow what a shock after a quarter of the century.. there will a better one ahead.. :)

sorry about your job, wow what a shock after a quarter of the century.. there will a better one ahead.. :)

I had a good conversation with a dear friend today who said two things:
1. If your only problem is a money problem, you're doing good. You can always make more.
2. It isn't everyone who gets their "reset" button pushed. You have a second chance to do what you want to instead of being bound by a job you may have grown weary of anyway.

I didn't intend this thread to turn into this but I truly thank you all for the support and kind words.

Anyway, the second uke is still for sale.

Your friend is right! You have to close one door before you can open the next one. Behind door #2 is something better, I just know it. Release your old job, your old boss. You owe them nothing. Keep ukein'!

So sorry to hear about your job and good luck with the sale.

PM sent. (but it doesn't show in my sent box, so if you don't receive it, please PM me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom