Giannini Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabe

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Giannini baritone? I'm down-sizing. It has a very rich, deep sound. Some call it the Holy Grail of baritones, the sound of a Martin but not the price.

I'm down sizing, and playing only tenor and concerts. I'd have to ship from Honolulu and buy a case to ship it in.

For those connoiseurs in the know. Dirk of South Coast Strings raves about them.

Make a decent offer including willingness to pay for a case and shipping at cost. I'd buy the case at Dan's guitars inch has nice prices.

Last edited:
for me, listing a uke without a price or pic is like a car or motorcycle ad without miles listed. I usually ignore them. maybe put looking for offer in listing title so those who are like me don't have to read them . I know they're guidlines, maybe they should be made rules.

If you wish to sell anything in the Marketplace, providing the following in your post is a good idea:

1. A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, not a stock photo of the model;
  2. The reason you are selling the instrument;
  3. Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc.).
  4. well , at least you got 1 out of 3.

Last edited:
Okay.

I want $375 for the uke, $75 for a new case, and $75 for shipping. That comes to $525. I'm selling because I'm down-sizing to a Clara.

This is a connoisseur's ukE. You can bid more if you want,

FWIW--I just acquired 1977 Giannini baritone a week ago. It has a one-piece top and has condition of 9.9 on a 10 scale. The action was a little high, and I ordered a new bone saddle. In the meantime, I scratch-built a saddle from some hard maple I had in the shop and lowered the action by a millimeter or so. I can testify to the sweet voice of the vintage Giannini. It's all I can do to put the instrument down. The Holy Grail of baritones? Yes, I believe it! Sell it? Never!

Last edited:
Dear Kimosabe -

Would you be so kind as to please add well-lit, individual close-up photos of the following:

1. head-stock that shows tuners, front and back, the front pic to show the nut
  2. the side of the neck showing the nut and string action height
  3. front/top of the bridge (from listener perspective)
  4. side/edge of bridge (from player perspective)

The photos you have previously provided are not very well lit and it is very difficult to really see the condition of the instrument other than it's general shape. I'd need photos with close-up details of the working parts of the instrument before I could even consider making an offer, I would think that others watching this thread are of a like mind.

FYI: Outside/daylight usually works well for most folks to illuminate the instrument when taking photos, even if the camera can only do potato quality.

Having said the above, I should mention that I myself am not currently in the market for another bari, but kindly suggest the above to try and help you attract more interest in your sale, otherwise I'd be afraid that this thread is going to get buried by normal traffic on the site.

MANY prospective buyers here on UU will just pass on a 'For Sale:" thread if the seller has not put forth a certain minimum amount of effort, so please do not take this as a criticism of your listing, but rather a gentle suggestion.

Please don't hate me (don't shoot the messenger), thanks in advance, and good luck with your sale. :)

-Booli

Last edited:
Thank you all for the kind advice. I have sold this baritone. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom