A buzz that REALLY wont go away!!!

gotrice415510

Reaction score
So i bought my Kala KA-TG and it developed a buzz in less than two weeks, so i took to the place i bought it at and they found that the frets were a little off, like barely off. Then they evened out all the frets and i watched, but when it was done.... still a huge buzz. Its obviously coming from the frets but we arent sure how and why.

try switching strings. if that doesnt work, it could be the fret wire isnt all the way in the slot. or it could be the nut.

Sorry to read you have problems with your uke. If they worked on it and it's still crap, the job was not done well. Be sure to get a good functioning instrument for your money and go back as many times as necessary.

To cheer you up, a quote that sprung to my mind reading your topic title (slightly altered to fit your situation):

"Guess what? I got a buzz! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!"

Last edited:
If the ukulele is less than a month old and the store you bought it from can't fix it, they should be able to exchage it for another one. That would be the right thing to do if the buzz is not going away

I personally would give them a 2nd chance to correct the problem. If they can't, I would insist on a replacement

That would totally ruin the new toy experience for me. It would be like taking home a new car and finding out the tranny leaked the next morning

well it came with a ghs strings and a wound C, i changed them to aquilas and boom, a buzz. So i switched them back but still buzz.

It buzzes mostly on frets 1-5, always on the C and E string and sometimes on the G and A. Ive had it for like 21 days.... becuz i just decided to live with it but its driving me crazy and the store's policy is 7day returns only.

well it came with a ghs strings and a wound C, i changed them to aquilas and boom, a buzz. So i switched them back but still buzz.

It buzzes mostly on frets 1-5, always on the C and E string and sometimes on the G and A. Ive had it for like 21 days.... becuz i just decided to live with it but its driving me crazy and the store's policy is 7day returns only.

Try contacting Kala. Your dealer should take care of this but if not see what they say.

Top Bottom