New uke day!

Cassie

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got my uke early! UAS has officially been obliterated. I've already got several songs down. I can play Aloha Oe, Happy birthday, a song called upidee, rock of ages cleft for me, a birthday song from Mexico, lava from the Pixar short film by the same name, a Spanish kids song called Los Pollitos, john brown's baby and a few others. It is a Kala soprano. It has really nice strings. I was out eating lunnch with my Cousin and her mom and Her mom handed me a big box. She wanted to give it to me before Christmas because she didn't think she would see me before then. When I held the box in my hands and felt the size of it, something inside me told me it was a uke. I've been playing ever since I got back. I just hope I don't become addicted. Unfortunately, I can't post pictures or videos. Is there a way I can post audio instead?

Last edited:
Awesome. That is quite a repertoire for a new player, although I think the birthday song you learned is called Las Mananitas.

Last edited:
That is awesome Cassie, congratulations. I think you are already addicted. You were addicted even before you got a uke.

Wonderful news, Cassie. Merry Early Christmas to you!!!

Wow, Cassie, I'm so happy for you! Your repertoire is very impressive! I could only learn one song my 1st day. It's so cool you have the uke that you have envisioned and imagined you could have! Congratulations my friend, hope to hear your first video soon!
Way to go!

Youtube is the most accessible site it seems and its forum friendly. There is no rule saying your video has to have pictures... just sayin.

Woo hooo congratulations Cassie... yippee new ukie day.. :) yes SoundCloud and install the app :)
:smileybounce::shaka:

Congrats Cassie! Welcome to the wonderful world of ukulele. The best instrument played by the best people IMHO.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Congrats Cassie! Welcome to the wonderful world of ukulele. The best instrument played by the best people IMHO.

Enjoy and keep us posted.

I will definitely do so! As soon as I can get some way to upload audio, I'll let you all hear what it sounds like. My cousin says it looks like it's made of mahogany. She said some dark wood but she wasn't sure. She says it costs 50 bucks. Now I know the price, I can get a pretty good case. My UAS is gone! Let's just hope it doesn't flare up again.

Last edited:
Congratulations! And if you have to be addicted to something, an addiction to ukulele playing certainly has some positives.

If you don't want to upload audio files to YouTube (when I tried, YouTube wanted me to associate the audio with a video of photographs), you can always upload audio files to soundcloud (soundcloud,com) and post a link to the audio file's page on soundcloud here.

Congrats Cassie. Just as a warning; I bought my first uke over two years ago on a whim (it looked like my Fender Telecaster guitar), a soprano Mahalo before I knew sizes. Within a week a bought a tenor, more my size, and within six months had six tenor ukes and sold the Mahalo. Within eighteen months I went through sixteen tenor ukes and finally settled on the four I liked best. I also started playing u-bass less than a year ago and now I'm up to seven (four bass ukes and three mini electric basses). I thought I was over GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) a couple of months ago, but last week it caught me again with the seventh bass. Oh well.

Congrats Cassie. Just as a warning; I bought my first uke over two years ago on a whim (it looked like my Fender Telecaster guitar), a soprano Mahalo before I knew sizes. Within a week a bought a tenor, more my size, and within six months had six tenor ukes and sold the Mahalo. Within eighteen months I went through sixteen tenor ukes and finally settled on the four I liked best. I also started playing u-bass less than a year ago and now I'm up to seven (four bass ukes and three mini electric basses). I thought I was over GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) a couple of months ago, but last week it caught me again with the seventh bass. Oh well.

I will definitely let you all hear what it sounds like sometime. I've given my new little buddy a name. I called her Kalea. I wanted to use Leilani but I have reserved that for a Lanikai. That might be my next one.

Congrats!

Have fun. It's addicting. And, no. You don't need a million ukuleles to be happy. You can only play one at a time anyway.

Hey guys, I got my uke early! UAS has officially been obliterated. I've already got several songs down. I can play Aloha Oe, Happy birthday, a song called upidee, rock of ages cleft for me, a birthday song from Mexico, lava from the Pixar short film by the same name, a Spanish kids song called Los Pollitos, john brown's baby and a few others. It is a Kala soprano. It has really nice strings. I was out eating lunnch with my Cousin and her mom and Her mom handed me a big box. She wanted to give it to me before Christmas because she didn't think she would see me before then. When I held the box in my hands and felt the size of it, something inside me told me it was a uke. I've been playing ever since I got back. I just hope I don't become addicted.

This is by far the best news I've ever read on UU, after following your journey towards this surprise ending. Don't worry about UAS -- you're already on your way to SAS (Song Acquisition Syndrome).

Top Bottom