Baritone (DGBE) Excel spreadsheet of notes/intervals for chords.

Brido

Reaction score
To: <tenorguitarregistry@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: DGBE Tuning Excel chord spread sheet
Date: Saturday, October 10, 2015 3:31 PM

Hi All,

Just coming down from a difficult/savage!!! (not really) stage in our lives.

By combing the net and manually creating 4 string chords from various dictionaries of chords/intervals etc. I have created an Excel spread sheet, [xlsx] of chords for the DGBE Tuned Tenor (or Baritone ukulele) {I am sure there are readers out there?}

There are 339 rows of chord names (some duplicates acting as alternative notation) and the notes and or intervals to create them. I am aghast at what I have found and compiled, and though I have a tendency to be a chord freak, I can never imagine that I would ever be asked to play many of them (most of them in fact!)

They are all for the chord family of “C” and I plan to use them, with the help of a great chord diagram generator (Chordious) It is a free programme, under development, but presently very useful and, in practice, “complete”. http://jonthysell.com/software/chordious/ It uses notes for the creation of the diagrams, a little bit fiddly to begin with, but easily grasped... I might even be able to help, but the developer is pretty good at answering questions.

My idea is to develop a “drag and drop” chord db of both the “every day chords” plus the jazz chords, which are so hard to find, as a rule. (Certainly not all the chords that are in the spread sheet.!)

If any one would like a copy of it, I am happy to share it “as is”. That means it is a workable document for creating chords with the help of a diagram generator... or if you know your fret board very well!

It may have mistakes ? Some chords only have the notes, others have the intervals as well as the notes. There are choices of notes you can make from the intervals or I have offered choices in most of the “notes only” chords.

Finally, it is “Sheet 1” that is the working spread sheet. The other sheets are of doubtful use... but possibly so?

It is yours for the asking. It is about 120 KB in size. I could post it to the forum if it is an acceptable size?

It certainly is not the definitive chord list... but it is a close as I ever want to get to such a list ... ever again!

Phew...

Brian

Last edited:
Top Bottom