Solo Ukulele Improvisation

This is my first recording on ukulele. It was done today on my Pono Mahogany Tenor model number PTO tuned F Bb D G (linear). I started playing ukulele about 7 1/2 months ago. I have played piano for many decades and guitar for about five years.

https://youtu.be/RZm9TLHCtUA

I also have many arrangements of cover songs, mostly Beatles, Brazilian bossa novas and a few jazz standards, but I don't plan to record these because of copyrights issues. I created this recording because I'm building an ukulele teaching business here in San Francisco and wanted a recording of my ukulele playing. Until today, I've been directing interested students to my piano performance and composition pages for samples of my musicianship.

Very nice! Jazzy, laid back, I like it! I'm so jealous of guitar players who pick up the uke and play it well without even thinking about it!

Very nice! Jazzy, laid back, I like it! I'm so jealous of guitar players who pick up the uke and play it well without even thinking about it!

Well, it's not like I just started playing like that. I've been averaging at least an hour a day on the ukulele since I started. Regardless, thanks for the very supportive comments

Top Bottom