Martin T1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
I have a lovely Martin T1K tenor uke for sale - all solid koa, made in Mexico. Excellent condition, no nicks, scratches, or anything more than the most minor signs of wear.

Full disclosure: I sold this on another forum and the buyer returned it because the action was high. It was - about 9/64" at the 12th fret - but I never had trouble with it, and I play a bit up the neck. The intonation was fine as well. Anyway, I lowered (sanded down) the bottom of the saddle so now the action is about 7/64", and it does play noticeably easier up the neck. I'll try to put up a video in the next day or so.

Currently strung with Aquila reds. Comes with the Martin gig bag, also in excellent condition.

Asking $350 (shipping included CONUS) or best offer.

t1.jpgt3.jpgt back.jpgt front angle.jpgt bottom.jpg

I adjust the action on just about every uke I own. Sorry to hear that someone returned it because of that. But there's plenty more saddle left in these pics, so there's room for improvement.

Sometimes I see an old uke with the original nut/bridge set so high that the uke is unplayable. Ya have to think, did it bang around all those years as a wall hanger?!

Yep, lots of saddle left. I usually don't fret (!) about slightly high action as long as the intonation is good, and it was (and is). But it is more comfortable to play up the neck now.

Anyway, here's a new video:

I was wondering if you would take 250 I got the fever bad chris in ky 502-716-0360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom